MINI CHAPTER.

“Sorry, sorry! Sorry...” Bumping several people, Yujin muttered several apologies. Not only because she (unintentionally) bumped them, though as much as she wants to, she couldn’t help them either.

“Oomph!” A girl who Yujin bumped tumbled hard. Conscience surging through her, Yujin has no choice but to lend a helping hand. “Yujin?” The girl looked up.

“Oh, Minju! I mean, um, hi.” Yujin awkwardly greeted.

“I didn’t know it was you. Thanks for the help—”

“Sorry Minju, but I have to go. I need to find Yena immediately.” Yujin murmured.

“Yena...why? What’s the matter?” Minju asked, confusion written all over her face.

“I really don’t have the time to tell you—”

“I’ll help you find her...please tell me what’s happening. I’m worried.” Minju cutted her off, grabbing her by the arm.

Yujin knew enough Minju won’t let her go, she was left with no options.

“Long story short, Yena and I aren’t in good terms at the moment. Ever since last week, she has been avoiding me. She’s also being strangely cryptic as she post these suspicious tweets that even I can’t fully understand,” Yujin paused, showing Minju her phone gallery where she screenshot Yena’s recent posts.

“But this last tweet... This address, it’s familiar but I can’t remember it. Whenever I call her mom, she tells me Yena simply locks herself in her room all the time, fidget toys and her...her playstation the only ones accompanying her.” Minju listened attentively at each word Yujin said.

“But... not until today. Her mother called me earlier that she found out Yena isn’t in her room anymore. She’s not anywhere near the house either. Her parents examined her room and saw a note," She stopped with trembling voice.

“In that letter, she let out all her complains about her life, herself and...and me. Based on her choice of words and the tone she’s trying to convey on her letter, I think... I think she wanna end it all,” She paused for a moment, pondering what to say next. “B-but we don’t wanna jump to conclusions, right? Hopefully I’m wrong with this one.”

Minju was utterly shocked at her remark. She might be a fairy but that doesn’t mean she haven’t heard about death before. Fairies of Pain are, in a way, close relatives to Grim Reapers and Death itself anyway. And right there she knew... someone is in danger.

“In that case, we really have no time. Where do you think she went?”

“She…she wrote in the note she’s going back to the place where it all began.” Yujin said, thinking of the possible places where Yena might be right now.

“Wait—” Yujin blurted out, something popping in her mind. “If this is about the beginning of her pain, then it must be about me or her family.”

“What...what do you mean?”

“That’s it! She merged those two addresses in her recent post!” Yujin exclaimed in glee.

“The what now? Are we in the same page?” Confused Minju asked.

“All right, so there’s this old amusement park the two of us used to go whenever we would sneak out of the mansion.” The taller continued.

“But there’s also a big abandoned mall where their family spends every weekend when she was a kid... Minju, we have to go—”

“We? No... It will just be a waste of time. Let’s part ways. I’ll go to the...”

Where should Minju go?
a. Old Amusement Park
b. Big Abandoned Mall

https://twitter.com/ultchaew0ns/status/1132308658480533506?s=19