Chapter Six

Chapter 6

I paced down the hallway, meeting Mike at the end and giving him a quick kiss. Only to turn around to walk to the other end of the hallway, then back again. After hearing his story concerning Rose, I had completely forgave him. I had more important things to worry about-- like Dad coming out of surgery.

"Sugar, your gonna start a fire in the hallway if you keep pacin' like that!" Dad's red-headed nurse had come back to check on us. This time she came with home-made biscuits that smelled like heaven.

"Biscuits? Come on Tabby, you didn't have to do that!" I looked at Tabitha, who shook her head at me.

"It's six o'clock in the mornin', Darlin'. You have to eat somethin!'" Tabitha beckoned me over to her and Mike, who already had his hands on a bacon biscuit.

He took a bite of it and his eyes widened, he looked from Tabitha to me, "Babe, you have got to try this!" He took a sip of the sweet tea Tabitha brought with her, "Did you make these Tabby?"

Tabitha shook her head, her tight red curls bouncing, "No, wish I could though. One of the elderly couples told me to make sure I got them to Raven here."

My senses perked up and I smiled, "Did the woman have silver hair, and glasses that were bright green and orange?" Tabitha nodded her head. I looked over at Mike, who was working on his second biscuit, feeling my insides melt.

"I met them yesterday, when Mike and I had that fall out. We talked about things, they shared stories, introduced me to people." Mike looked up from his biscuit and smiled, I could see the love in his eyes as they twinkled. Either to me, or the biscuits.

"Okay you two, enjoy these biscuits." Tabitha took a plain one and took a bite, "Your Pops should be out in maybe twenty minutes." I gave her a hug and went back to the bed, sitting beside Mike and nestling in beside him.

I sat the sweet tea on the side table, and turned back to Mike, turning on my side to face him. I smiled and giggled when my forehead almost knocked against his, making him chuckle.

Mike wrapped his arm around my waist and pulled me tighter to him. My lips brushed against his as I placed my hands on his chest, looking up at him through my lashes.

"Ya' know, you really are beautiful, Raven." Mike whispered, smiling softly as he brushed a strand of hair off my face. I couldn't help but blush, Mike was probably the only person that has ever called me beautiful before.

He cupped my face and rubbed my cheek with his thumb. My insides turn to goop as he got closer to me. Mike's lips were finally pressed to mine softly when I heard someone at the door screech. "I KNOW you are NOT kissing him in front of me!" My eyes flashed open at the sound of Rose's voice.

I heard Mike groan, and his eyes flash with annoyance as we broke from our kiss. I was feeling the same way he was; I decided to get off the bed and show that long-legged beauty what I was made of.

"Look and listen here, Rose. Mike told me what you did," She looked at me and opened her mouth like she was going to say something, but I cut her off, "No, you need to sit down, shut up, and listen." Rose rolled her eyes and crossed her arms in front of her chest, standing where she was.

"I don't know what or who gave you permission to cheat on Mike in the worst ways. You were gone for half a year! Didn't call, didn't text, just worried about yourself, and your job right? Well I want to tell you that people-- teenage girls-- that see your pictures in magazines, they probably look up to you. I get it because you're utterly beautiful," I paused to take a breath and Rose snorted and murmured a snide "got that right".

"But ya know what? That doesn't matter if your faking your genuine care for your fans. You're the Rose that I read about in the newspaper a few weeks ago. 'Rose DeLamm Discusses Her Unplanned Pregnancy, Planned Abortion'. That, Rose, was in big headlines in every newspaper! In every tabloid! You cheated on Mike several times, but got pregnant from one of your co-workers! You instantly lost every ounce of respect that people had for you."

I was really pissed off at Rose for showing her face to Mike after all she had put him through. All the bad rumours that had been going around had come back to hit him in the face. She didn't even attemp to talk to him about it!

Rose tried to cut in again, she had even uncrossed her arms and taken a big step towards me. I felt short standing in front of her tall self, but I didn't have to prove I was a better person than she. I took a step towards her also, and gave her a look.

"I love Mike. And you obviously must not know what love is, Rose. I may be years younger than you and Mike, but I've been through more than you have. You don't know what I've had to endure, so when someone gives me a chance, a chance to be there for them when I can and to know they will do the same for me, I'm going to take that chance! It only happens once or twice in a lifetime Rose. And you screwed your chance up." I took a big breath, feeling the adrenaline rush out of my body as a wave of exhaustion took it's place.

That didn't stop me from squaring my shoulders and keeping my head high as Rose began to look awestruck. She pulled her lips into a tight line and made a move like she was gonna slap me. I stopped her hand and drew my fist back, letting it connect with her fake nose, hearing it crack and pop as blood started to ooze out of it. 

Rose covered her nose with her hand and cursed at me, trying to slap me again. Mike drew me back and placed himself in front of me, his shoulders holding a lot of tension as he breath came in hard puffs.

"Rose, do not make me call security. You are not welcome here. Nor are you welcome anywhere near Raven, or either of our families. Please leave before the paparazzi finds you with a broken nose." Rose looked from Mike to me, giving me a bad look. She grabbed some hand sanitizer from the wall dispenser and a tissue, holding it against her nose as she made her way out of the hospital.

I could distantly hear her heels click against the hospital floor. With all of my strength and adrenaline gone with Rose, I collapsed to the floor.

Mike was at my side instantly as he tried to catch me. Exhaustion came over me as my eyes drooped closed, though I distantly heard Mike beg me to stay with him. He called for a nurse, hearing his voice break softly.

I felt myself being picked up and put on something soft, someone held my head up and wouldn't let me go to sleep. Someone else put something over my mouth and I heard something pumping and air rush into my nose and mouth, until everything went black.

**A/N~ Heyya guys! Hope you really enjoyed this chapter. I rewrote it a bunch of times over the past few days. But, I finally got the scene right so I hope you really like it!!***