Chapter Sixteen

Chapter 16

Raven's POV-

Already I was in fourth period again, talking with Austin about the homecoming game this Friday. I thought about how Mike never got to do that sort of thing when he was in High School; his mom had just been diagnosed, and his dad was about to hop off his wagon.

"Hey, are you gonna leave or what?"

I looked up at Austin, who was standing above me. While I was thinking about this Friday, the dismissal bell had rung.

"I usually just walk out in my sweats, and head home with Mike."Austin smiled, I had only known him for a couple days, and he had a feeling of who Mike was.

"Gotcha. Well just text me later if you two aren't busy. Maybe I'll see him at the game?" He wagged his eyebrows up and down at me, suggesting something perverted like always.

I shook my head, and got my stuff out of my locker and stood up tall, swinging my bag unto my shoulder. There was a high pitched squeal and the sound of someone falling, though I ignored it, excited about seeing Mike. 

I turned to see someone in a too-short skirt, and a see-through shirt sitting on her butt in the middle of the hallway. My first instinct was to go over, and help her.

"Hey. Are you okay?" I put my hand on her back, but she moved away.

"Don't touch me! Who do you think you are hitting me like that?" Her shrill voice echoed through the almost-empty hallways.

I stood up and put my hands on my hips, "I know who I am! What are you talking about?" I could already fill my eyebrows knotting together above my eyes as I got even more frustrated.

"You hit me with your bag!"

I opened my mouth to object, but I had no proof that I hadn't hit her. Instead, I took a deep breath like a civilized person, and apologized.

"I'm sorry. I didn't even notice."

The girl finally got off the floor and turned her nose up at me, walking towards the exit. With every click-clack of her shoes, I felt like throwing a book at her head. I had just got out of weight lifting, and I already needed to go hit the bag.I picked up my things, and followed the girl, checking my phone.

My dad had got James a phone, for emergency purposes, or to talk to me. James was still at the same school as Taylor, so they would both talk to me; which always resulted in them taking turns with the phone. One minute it would be James, the next it would  be Taylor.

Walking out of the building, I saw the girl I had knocked into getting handsy on Mike. Every time she put her hands back on his chest, he would move them off. Saying he was waiting for me. I couldn't do anything, I had suddenly forgotten how to walk. All I could do was see and breathe.

Mike suddenly looked up the stairs, to where I was standing and I saw a look of dread flash across his face. He pushed the girl backwards, I would have laughed if she fell again, but she regained her balance and turned to look at me as Mike ran up the stairs.

He threw his arms around my neck, and shook his head, saying it was all her. A part of me knew that he was telling the truth, in fact all of me knew he was telling the truth.

I drew back and looked at him, dropping my bags on the top stair and looking him in the eye. I knew when he was lying and now wasn't one of those times.

I smiled and nodded my head, standing on my toes and connecting my lips to his as he wound his arms around my waist, putting his hands under my butt. I shivered as he lifted me off my feet, grabbing my bags also.

I stopped kissing him long enough for me to squeal, and tell him to put me down, although I knew I didn't mean it.

Mike carried me down the stairs, not losing his balance once. He placed me in the passenger seat, without looking at the girl who stood with her mouth gaping open at me. I could see the wheels in her brain start to move again, as she walked to her own car.

I smiled as Mike got in on his side, cranking the car to drive us home. Home. I rethought it in my head, it sounded so good to know that we really loved each other.

"So. I have a question." I hoped that he liked football. Though I knew he was more of a Baseball, and Hockey type.

"Ask me anything, Love."

I smiled and looked down at my hands, "Do you want to go to the Homecoming game this Friday?"

Mike looked over at me, and his eyes lit up. I loved seeing him like this.

"If you want me to, we don't have anything planned." We drove up to the apartment, as Austin text me.

"Heyy Raveeee! Jst fnd out the game is agnst South-West Private."

I nodded to myself as I got my bags out of the car.

"Okiedokes broski. Bringin' Mike, so you better bring someone!"

Austin:"Dnt have anybody."

I shook my head and sighed.

"So? Pick someone! Sheesh!"

Mike wound his arms around my waist from behind as I stood in the middle of the living room. 

"And who are you texting?"

I threw my phone to the couch, and giggled, "It was Austin."

Mike nodded and smiled. That particular smile only meant one thing. I smiled back and held onto him tight.

He plopped down to the floor, and grabbed an X-Box controller. He lifted an eyebrow as he leaned back on the couch. I shook my head and leaned into his chest, closing my eyes and falling asleep to the sound of Call of Duty.

A/N~ Hey guys! Sorry It was soooo short! Anwho! What do you think about Mike and Raven going out to the Homecoming game on Friday? Who do you think Austin is going to bring?! Hope you guys are having an awesome week! Ta-ta!