Chapter Seven

A/N~ I decided to make this in Mike's POV. I won't do this very often, but I thought it would be pretty cool. Hope you enjoy!**

Chapter 7~ Mike's POV

The nurse that was nearest to our room brought a few guys to rush Raven into another room. I was holding her hand as the nurse beside her head pumped oxygen into her. The guy nurse was running the gurney down the hall out of sight of the other patients.

It wasn't hard to keep up with him, but running sideways, and trying to keep my eyes on Raven at all times was difficult.

I tried to get Raven to stay with us, but she couldn't keep her eyes open. The nurse pumping the oxygen mask checked her pulse, and told me it was slow and faint, but still there. That didn't make things better for me.

We got into another room where the nurse hooked Raven onto an IV and oxygen tubes. It hurt me to see her like this, to think that my past caused this.

I sat down in the chair beside her bed and held her hand, the nurse had wanted me to wear gloves but I had judged against it, if there was any type of connection, I wanted to be able to feel it come back to life. Her hand felt clammy and it didn't respond when I squeezed it. I felt my heart start to beat quicker and louder when I noticed her chest was barely rising when she breathed.

My eyes teared up, and I pressed my forehead against the back of her hand. The first tears in a long time leaked passed my eyelashes and ran down my cheeks until they hit the bed sheet. I knew that Raven wouldn't want me to be crying but as I took a deep breath the tears I had wiped away still kept coming. I looked up and came face-to-face with an elderly couple.

The woman had short, silver hair and glasses that looked to be a bright green and orange. She smiled softly at me and walked towards Raven. The man kept his stride beside her, holding her hand securely in his. He looked to be around eighty years old, and his hair-cut was outdated.

"How long has the nurse been gone?" The woman's voice was soft and quiet as she looked at me with adoring eyes.

"Too long." I replied, barely seeing her nod her head and sit down in the chair opposite to me because of the remaining tears in my eyes. She took Raven's other hand and kissed the back of it softly. I watched as the other elder grabbed another chair from across the room and sat himself close to the woman. They had matching wedding bands on.

"You must be Mike, we've heard a lot about you."

I nodded my head at the man, "That's me." I wasn't surprised to hear my voice waver as sadness  and insecurity hit me again.

I looked at the old couple, how their eyes softened and twinkled through all of their wrinkles. I cleared my throat, "I want to thank you for being there for Raven when I wasn't."

The couple looked at me and took my free hand, patting it softly. "It's fine dear. She just needed space to think over things, as did you. I can tell from how she talks about you that she has dug her hole deep."

I blushed at the comment, though it probably only shown a little through my tan skin. I smiled at a memory that came to me; it was when I met Raven.

It was last winter, and I had gone to the coast with a couple of friends for a DJ gig one of them had. Raven had been staying with her step mother in the same hotel that we were staying at.

I had been helping set up some of the equipment when I had looked up and saw her come through the doors of the giant room. She was inspecting one of the DJ posters when she turned to say something to her step mom.

I had plugged a wire in the wrong place and the speakers had started to screech. Everyone covered their ears and turned accusingly to me while I put the wire in it's right place. Raven had been walking up to the stage when I noticed how her hair looked wind blown.

Her shoulders were covered with an old-looking, grey zip-up fleece jacket. The dress she had been wearing was strapless and complimented her pale skin. She asked one of the guys a question and he pointed to me. Raven turned and started to walk in my direction, making my heart start to thump in my chest and my palms to get sweaty.

"Hi, I'm Raven. I was wondering how old you had to be to get into the party tonight?" She looked like she could be eighteen, but when she flashed her perfect smile the youth tended to show.

I smiled and took off the extra VIP pass and gave it to her, "If you come through those doors over there," I pointed to the doors in the corner, which lead to the main desk and the elevators, "And show them this pass, they will let you in without fuss." She smiled up at me and my stomach tightened.

She slowly took the pass from me and put it around her neck. I could see where her jacket moved up her arm that she had purple and blue bruises all over her forearm. I felt my eyebrows move together as panic flashed in her eyes. She pulled her sleeve down and shielded herself from me, thanking me quietly.

Her step mother had wrapped an arm around her shoulders and walked her out the door. As I had watched them leave, I could have swore I saw Raven turn back to look at me.

The nurse shook my shoulder lightly, bringing me out of my memories and back to reality. The elder couple smiled softly at me, and left the nurse and I to a little privacy.

"Your father has come out of his surgery with a recovery in his near future. But on Raven's side, she has been stressed out lately and is in dire need of some sleep and nutritious food," I nodded my head for her to continue. "We've hooked her up to the IV to insure that she will get the vitamins she needs."

"Okay. So she is just stressed out?" The nurse nodded her head and patted my shoulder. "Your father wants to talk to you and Raven when she is feeling better."

I followed the nurse down the hall and into my dad's room. Glancing inside the hospital room Raven and I had used it brought another wave of guilt. It was all my fault that she was laying in that bed, her own white gown and heartbeat being constantly measured.

I sat down beside my dad and waited for him to talk. He looked deep inside his own thoughts, like he was trying to figure out what to say. He certainly looked perplexed, until he looked at his one and only son.

He smiled and brought me into his arms for the first time in what seemed like ages. He rubbed my back and told me everything was going to be okay. I certainly had not been expecting that!