Chapter Twenty

Chapter 20

Mike's POV-

I flashed the camera at Raven as she accepted her diploma. Her face was glowing and her eyes were bright. It made me happy that she was finally happy, she deserved it.

These past few months have been so great, other than me having to go back and forth to Dad's. Other than that, I've felt my love grow for Raven; she is who I live for.

She sat back down amongst her classmates and started to look for me in the crowd, finding me and smiling, blowing me a kiss. I smiled, and made a heart with my hands, making her giggle.

Principal Underwood came up to the mic once again, announcing the graduating class of 2012, making everyone cheer and throw their graduation caps into the air with a fuss. I was still a little astonished that Ms. Underwood was still the principal at Free Rain; she had been principal when I had been attending.

I met Raven's family out in the high school's courtyard, waiting for the graduates to be released. James and Taylor seemed happy for their older sister, which was good, considering they wouldn't see her that much with her starting college classes soon.

All of a sudden, someone covered my eyes with their hands. James and Taylor started to laugh and giggle, making me assume it was Raven.

I grabbed her hands and took them off of my eyes, kissing one and turning to her, grabbing her and pulling her flush against me. The look in her beautiful eyes dumbfounded me as I looked into them. Without knowing what I was doing, I bent down and kissed her. She pulled away from me, I noticed that James and Taylor were still laughing, though it was quieter.

Raven's dad cleared his throat, his cue for us to break it up. I smiled down at Raven and she pecked my cheek, leaving my arms to hug her dad and step mother, sharing James and Taylor for last.

"Well I'm sorry we can't stay any longer Hun, I have to get back to work. Susan is taking the kids to a couple of stores to pick out their room decorations."

I saw Raven nod and smile, though I knew she was kind of upset on the inside. She had wanted to have some family time today, but I didn't think she had a good chance of it.

We said our goodbyes and departed, Raven's parents lived a whole hour and a half from here. It was a true distance stress for her, but she had had to put up with it, because of school.

Most of the way home was quiet, I knew Raven was trying to catch up on some sleep, her finals had kept her up studying, in fear of failing. No matter what I said, or how many times I reassured her, she never listened to me.

I looked over to Raven and saw her chest slowly rising and falling, her head was propped up against the window and her feet were tucked safely under her. The way she looked so comfortable and at peace made me smile.

I opened Raven's car door carefully, not wanting to risk waking her up. I scooped her up into my arms and felt her squirm a little before getting comfortable again.

When I walked into the apartment I could feel the AC automatically turn on as I peeled back the covers on the bed. I laid her down and tucked her in, getting in bed beside her and pulling her against me.

My heart started to beat wildly as I leaned into kiss Raven's forehead, getting comfortable quickly and falling asleep beside my love.