Chapter Fifteen

Chapter 15

Raven's POV-

I turned over onto my stomach, just as the alarm clock started blaring beside my ear. Mike shifted onto his side beside me and reached over, snoozing the alarm for another ten minutes.

Mike got closer to me as I turned my face to look at him, his dark eyes were filled with sleep, and his voice sent shivers down my spine as he whispered, "Good morning," into my ear.

I smiled softly, and stretched my legs as Mike placed his hand on my bare lower back, rubbing it slowly. I took a deep breath, and propped myself up on my elbows, wiping the sleep from my eyes and stretching my back.

"Mike, babe, you're gonna put me back to sleep if you keep up with that." We both laughed, as we got closer to each other.

Our legs intertwined as I moved onto my side, Mike wrapped his arms around my torso and smiled. There was only one thing that smile meant, and that was--

A squeal left my mouth as Mike turned onto his back, bringing me with him. I looked down at him with a huge smile on my face, I just couldn't be mad at him. Not with his ring on my finger, or with his arms around me. I couldn't be mad at him even if my life depended on it!

Mike began to knead his fingers into my lower back, making me groan and press my forehead to his warm chest. He chuckled, and threaded one of his hands through my hair, his fingers moving from my roots to the tips, making another shiver go down my spine.

I looked down at him and even in the dark, I couldn't miss seeing the love that was glowing through his eyes.

I wrapped my arms around his neck, propping his head up, my chest pressed to his as I bent down, pressing my lips to his softly.

A feeling of sparks lingered on my lips as we continued to kiss in the dark, until our alarm clock started blaring again.

I groaned and stopped kissing Mike, not wanting to move from him, although we both knew we had places to be.

I turned off the alarm clock, and went to get off Mike, but he held me to him. He looked up at me and smiled, tucking my hair behind my ear.

"Ya' know Raven, you are the most beautiful person I've ever seen." Mike's voice sounded awe-stricken as I blushed.

I bent down and kissed him again, manoeuvring out of his arms, before I would be late for my first day at my new school.

I started my shower before getting dressed and making sure I had everything together. I looked at myself in the mirror and frowned. Free Rain Private was the stereotypical private school. Equipped with the school-girl uniform.

The white, almost see-through shirt was hanging limply, on the outside of my plaid skirt. I had replaced the ugly, black Shine Central slip-ons with black pumps.

Though I hated to do it, I slowly tucked in my long, button-up uniform shirt. Opening my eyes slowly to see my reflection in the mirror, it didn't look as bad as I thought it would, though my hair was starting to frizz from the humidity left over from the shower.

Repulsed by the ugly uniform, I quickly walked out of the bathroom and towards the kitchen, speeding up when I heard Aunt Rosie's loud laugh echo through the hall.

"Do I hear a New Yorker in here? Or is it just this repulsing uniform that is making me hear things?" I said loudly, turning a corner, and indeed seeing a New Yorker standing at the tiny island in the middle of the kitchen.

"Yeah. Mike said you were upset by the uniform, but in my opinion, it doesn't look that bad. Though, those black stripper heels, short skirt, and all that hair might be adding to that conclusion."