Chapter Eight

Chapter 8~Raven's POV

Mike held my elbow as I stood up to get out of the car. Dad and I had been discharged at the same time, but that was weeks ago. We had stayed at his house until he could feel comfortable in his own place again.

I held Mike's hand as he unlocked the door. We stepped in and there was mail all over the door mat; it suddenly hit me that we had been gone for four and a half weeks!

I put my bag down in front of the gaming system under the TV, and ran to the bathroom. We had been on the road for too long and my bladder was about to burst.

Walking out of the bathroom, I heard Mike laughing to himself. Turning to him, I saw that he was watching a comedian on TV.

Mike waved me over to him, but instead of sitting beside him, I put my back to the couch's arm and put my feet in his lap. He smiled and shook his head, covering my feet with a blanket since they were cold.

"Ya' know, if you actually wear socks, your feet might not be so cold."

"If you haven't noticed, I'm wearing my last set of clean clothes, everything else needs to be washed." I said matter-of-factly. Mike chuckled and took his shoes and shirt off.

He turned the TV down, and started to spread the blanket out, which stretched the length of the couch.

I stretched my legs out and laid my head on Mike's bicep as I cuddled up to his chest, which was radiating plenty of heat for the both of us. It felt so good to be home... home?

One of my legs wrapped around Mike's, trying to warm myself up. Mike jumped a little, telling me that my feet were too cold to be putting them anywhere. I started to laugh loudly as it occurred to Mike how sexual it sounded.

"Yeah, go ahead and laugh. When I was growing up--"

"Mike, you're only a couple years older than me. When you were growing up, so was I."

He laughed and shook his head at me again, "But you have to remember, I grew up differently than you did." I felt a frown grow on my face knowing he had a point.

Mike's arm wrapped protectively around my waist and pulled me closer to him as I slowly closed my eyes. I felt tired after being in the car for so long and having so much go on while we had been in Alabama. I was just happy that Dad had finally made some sort of recovery; that was one less thing Mike and I had to worry about.

I felt myself go in and out of consciousness, until Mike was softly nudging me awake. "I'm sorry to wake you, but your phone is ringing, and if you want any clean clothes for the last week here, we should get down to the laundry room." I nodded my head slowly and opened my eyes.

The setting sun was low in the sky, and what rays of sun that were left were shining faintly through the blinds. I turned around and saw that my mom was calling, but I didn't feel like being fussed out. Mike noticed the tension in my shoulders, and began to knead his fingers between my shoulders. I closed my eyes and let my head slump down.

Mike's thumbs were replaced by his lips as he traced one of my shoulder blades up to the side of my neck. I bit my lip and let Mike turn me on my back as he got on top of me, the blanket half hanging off of us.

My camisole had ridden up to show part of the skin at my hips, which was quickly covered by Mike's hands. I looked up at Mike and smiled, fully awake now.

My heart began to speed up, as it thumped against my chest cavity. Mike and I got closer, and I knew he could feel my heart beating against his chest.

Mike smiled softly and closed the distance between us, crashing his lips to mine I knew he was trying not to hurt me as our chests pressed together.

I kissed Mike back as a wave of need came across me, wanting more as I threaded my fingers through his hair, tugging lightly. His lips left mine and made their way across my jaw and to my collarbone so I could breathe, though it didn't help much.

Mike's lips and tongue danced across my neck until they found my sensitive place. His lips, tongue and teeth softly came across it until I lost myself momentarily.

My heart pounded in my chest as I lost my breath again, starting to feel Mike's hands move up from my hips, moving my camisole also.

The cold air didn't last long against my hot skin as Mike took my cammy off and tossed it to the floor, quickly covering my chest with his chest as his lips connected with mine again.

My phone began to ring, and I noticed my mom's ringtone again, Mike and I groaned but stopped kissing. I took my legs from around his waist and stretched out on my side again, with Mike's arms around me from behind, I answered the call.

Mike started to kiss my shoulder softly as I heard my little brother from the other line. James' voice was deeper than it had been when I had left, but it sounded scared and broken.

My heart started to thump against my chest again, but this time it didn't feel good. "James... what's wrong?"

"It's mom."

Mike stopped kissing my shoulder and was looking at me intently, worry written all over his face.

"What's wrong with mom?"

"She... she's gone Sissy." James' voice broke and a sob broke through his words, though I still heard him perfectly.

"I'm coming home James. Okay?"

James said a little, sad "Okay" and told me he and Taylor were at our dad's house.

I hung up the phone and looked at Mike, "What's wrong, Love?"

"My mom is... dead." Mike wrapped me up in my arms and kissed my forehead.

"We will wash our clothes tonight, and then I will take you home tomorrow, around noon. But I'm not leaving you there by yourself." I nodded my head and got up from his arms.

I put my cammy back on while Mike got our clothes and some detergent in our laundry baskets. I just couldn't wrap my head around my mom being gone.

**A/N~ OOOHHH SNAP! I hope you guys liked this chapter!**