Epilogue

I took a seat in the gorgeous glass gazebo, it had been five years since I had seen this beautiful piece of architecture. It was only one of the places Mike and I had gone for our honeymoon.

Now, five years later, we took those exact steps once again, for our anniversary, something we told each other we would do every five years, perhaps every ten if we get too busy.

First, it had been a spacious apartment on the Italian coast, then to Greece, back to the states, to Hawaii and Oregon, then lastly, to a mysterious Lake House. That's where we were now; a place that could only be reached by row boat.

All those years ago, it had been beautiful, but as we took that first step into the house, it felt as if things hadn't changed.

I remember walking in and throwing our bags about as the tension in the room got hot and heavy. That was the week I found out I was pregnant, with our little boy. I was glad to have a boy first, the idea of our daughter having an older brother to look after her when we couldn't, was a little settling.

Thinking of Alex made me worry slightly about him, being a handful for Austin and Katherine. I laughed at myself, and shook my head. If anyone could handle that bundle of energy, it would be those two.

"Hey beautiful."

I turned to Mike and smiled, feeling my heart start to beat wildly, just like when I first saw him in that auditorium.

"Hey handsome, is the boat here yet?"

Mike nodded and chuckled, "It's just as hard to leave this place as it was the first time."

I nodded my head in agreement and looked back out the glass window, seeing the boatman as he placed our bags carefully in the small craft.

"Lets get going. I can't wait to see Alex and the others." Mike laughed again and smiled, kissing my forehead and taking my hand, helping me down the stairs.

The boatman was the same one from five years ago, he still looked, and sounded the same. He had noticed my pregnancy the first time around, he seemed to notice it now too, though I was barely showing.

"Ah. Tell the young lad and lass," He nodded his head to my stomach, and winked while Mike shook his head, "To come meet me when they get older."

I nodded my head, and patted his shoulder, "Yes sir. Though I can't  let them grow up too fast." He smiled as we began our row back to the mainland.

Mike grabbed my hand and kissed it, sending shivers and sparks up my arm as I smiled at him. For ever and ever was our vows, for eternity to be exact. And that was the truth.