Chapter Eighteen

Chapter 18

Raven's POV-

I awoke to the sound of bacon frying, slowly opening my eyes, only to be flashed with sunlight. I stretched and inhaled, twisting across the bed while I stretched my legs.

"Well, it's about time you woke up." Mike's voice erupted into waves across the silent room, reaching my ears and making a smile protrude onto my face.

I laughed quietly and groaned, shielding my eyes from the harsh light. I took another deep breath, hearing my stomach growl at the smell of waffles.

Getting up from the bed, I made my way slowly to the kitchen, closing my eyes and stretching again. Laughter erupted from around me as I retracted my muscles into their original position.

My eyes flashed open as the laughter continued, looking around me there was a crowd of people standing in the living room and kitchen.

Standing around me was everyone that I had made friends with since my first day at Free Rain Private, along with a couple of close friends and other family.

My mouth dropped open as a cake appeared from the crowd of people, the smell of waffles began to waft through the air around me as I walked towards the kitchen, hugging people and making small talk as I moved.

I got to the source of the mouth watering smell and saw Mike standing with Tyler, who stood with my little sister's hand in his, James was standing in front of the both of them.

Taylor turned to me, and smiled, making my heart swell as she giggled and jumped into my waiting arms. Her hair looked lighter than it had at the funeral, and she felt heavier.

James had grown another inch maybe, he was almost as tall as me! His hair was combed, the same way my mom had done it for so many year. It made me wonder if Sue had cut it like that. It was weird, but I knew Sue would do anything for James and Taylor.

I put Taylor down and hugged James, noticing that he had filled out a little since the last time I saw him. A feeling of regret came across me, it had been a couple of months since I had last saw my siblings, and I felt bad for not being there when he needed me.

James started to loosen his hold on me slowly, getting his cue, I stepped back from him, taking in the differences of his little-kid image in my head, and the pre-teen in front of me.

I shook my head as I felt a set of arms wrap around me, feeling a pair of lips kiss my cheek. I smiled and threw my arms around his neck, making him a couple surrounding people chuckle.

"You forgot what today is, didn't you?"

Confusion wrapped itself around my brain, as I listed out important events. Mike's birthday is in two months, our one-year anniversary is next month...

People surrounded me tightly, everyone had big smiles on their faces and some were laughing.

I looked around me and my eyebrows knotted together.

What is everyone doing, I thought.

All of a sudden, people jumped at me all at once, causing me to squeal loudly as they all yelled "Surprise!"

I looked around again, at all the people laughing at the confusion on my face, except Mike. His face was covered with worry and concern as he asked me what today was again. I shook my head and shrugged, the crowd around us began to murmur loudly to their neighbors.

"You must be really stressed out, babe. Cause I don't think I could ever forget my own birthday!" Mike chuckled as a bright red blush crept to my cheeks, making itself known to the other members of the crowd.

"Oh my gosh... that's right! I can't believe I forgot!" Everyone laughed at me and continued to mingle with the people around them.

I chuckled and looked down at what I was wearing, seeing only a cammy and a pair of my favorite soffies. I face-palmed myself and blushed again, slowly walking back to the bedroom as I shook my head at myself.

I shut the door and ran around the room I shared with Mike, falling and tripping over non-existent things as I rushed back and forth from the bathroom to the room.

Finally, I made it back to the living room where people were still waiting. I smiled at everyone, seeing a couple of old faces. Though I didn't see Austin and Katherine until I got back to the kitchen.

The counters were covered with food of all kinds; sweets, meats, soups, anything that anyone would like accompanied the awaiting line of people. Whoever brought all this food mustn't mind leftovers, there was plenty enough there for everyone to get thirds!

"So... are you having fun?"

I smiled, and turned to Mike again, "Yeah I am. I can't believe you did this! Thanks so much!"

Mike chuckled, and shook his head, "It was nothing. Though I can't take all the credit, James and Taylor helped a little too."

I looked over at my little brother and sister, seeing the both of them stuffing their faces with chocolate cake.

I laughed and shook my head, I enjoyed being surrounded by people who cared about me. After everything that I had been through I needed that one thing they provided freely; love.

A/N~ Sooooo!!!! Are you enjoying the story??? I sure hope so!!!