Chapter Nineteen

Chapter 19-

Raven's POV

I plopped down onto the couch beside Austin and Katherine, hearing the start of the movies credits as the opening showed on the large television screen.

"So what did you bring?" I looked over at Austin, and he chuckled, taking the popcorn from me and placing it in his lap as he began to snack on it.

The blinds were shut tight, not letting any remaining sunlight come through the narrow cracks in between the panels.

I wrapped a blanket around me, seeing Katherine snuggle up next to Austin, as he wrapped his arm around her waist. Them sitting like that made me smile, but it also made me miss Mike. He had to go down to Alabama to help his dad with something, and he had asked Austin and Katherine to stay with me for the weekend.

A shrill scream came through the TVs speakers, making me jump as the surround sound let out the scream also. Katherine was busy composing herself as Austin chuckled. I slapped him across his arm, making him laugh even harder.

I shook my head and turned back to the TV screen, seeing that the screen had gone dark. All of a sudden, a face appeared on the screen. The smile that appeared on the face was crooked, suggesting something I didn't want to see.

It's face turned slightly, to reveal yellowed teeth, surrounded by the dark green skin of rotting flesh. I was sure if you got enough to him, he could eat you whole if he wanted to. Though I wouldn't get near him, even with a ten foot pole!

The face disappeared suddenly, and the screen went black, another scream was let out of the speakers around us, making me jump a little.

I stretched myself out, putting my cold feet against Austin's leg and propping my elbow on the couch's arm, trying to get comfortable. I had to keep repeating to myself that the rotting green face wasn't real, that he wouldn't come in my sleep and eat me. (He had already killed dozens of people!)

Out of nowhere, there was a loud knock on the apartment's door and I jumped, causing Austin to chuckle quietly. Fear creeped up my neck as I stood to answer the door, hoping that it wasn't the short green man that occupied the movie.

Opening the door, I got a whiff of pizza and my stomach grumbled. I hadn't eaten anything since this morning, and now it was around 9:30 and I was starved!

Another scream, this time one of a man, was let out of the speakers, causing the pizza guy's eyebrow to move up his forehead.

I smiled and shook my head, "You don't wanna' know." He laughed and held up his hands, counting the money for the right amount.

Satisfied, he turned around, and wished us a good movie night.

"Pizza is here!" I yelled.

Austin quickly set the empty popcorn bowl aside and jumped up from the couch, pausing the movie to stuff his own face with pizza.

~~ ~~ ~~

I laid on the living room floor, looking out the barely open window to the light posts outside on the tennis courts. Austin was a couple of feet away, laid out comfortably and snoring loudly.

There was a little shuffling that came from Katherine's figure on the floor as I saw her phone light up. She turned to my figure, and moved onto her stomach, smiling at me, as soft music began to play though her phone's speaker.

"Can I ask you a question?" Her smile was replaced with a look of pondering, like she was wondering if she should really ask me her question.

I had grown close to Katherine, Austin practically being my brother and all. "Yeah, course you can Kat."