(5) Just Think About It

It was the day the boys had to leave Delilah went with the girls. "Delilah Ann thank you for being a new friend for me and a wonderful Christmas break." Bucky said with a smile.

She had tears in her eyes and she said "Your welcome." 

"I want you to really think about what we talked about sweetheart. I think you are wonderful darlin any guy would be lucky to have you." he said as he rested his forehead against hers. 

A tear drop fell down her cheek and he said "This right here is what I'm afraid of darlin. I don't want to do this to you." as he wiped it away. 

"Yeah I know." she said as she tried to blink them away. 

"Just think about it baby doll.' he said as he hugged her. 

The boys got on the jet and left. Delilah got home and locked herself away Nat looked at Wanda and said "I think we may have lost Delilah for good now." 

"What do you mean?' Sutton said 

"Delilah felt a connection with Bucky but she knows she can't do it again saying good bye to him brought it all back I could tell by the look on her face." Nat said 

Delilah heard Nat and knew she was right she can't be like the rest of her family she doesn't have the heart for it losing Jackson killed her. She pulled open her laptop and found her another apartment that was close to campus and that weekend she moved out with the help of her dad and brother who were still in town. 

A week later the girls were doing the homework and the boys skyped in. "Hey girls." Sam said

"Hey." Nat said

"What's wrong?' Sam said 

"Delilah moved out." Nat said 

"What?' Bucky said 

"She moved out she didn't say why just that she needed to." Wanda said 

Bucky swallowed hard and said "Nat what happened?'

"Bucky I don't know. When we got back she locked herself in her room and then she started packing her room and left.' Nat said 

Bucky closed his eyes as tears fell and said "I um I'm gonna go back to barracks guys." and he left them to talk to their girls. 

Delilah was at the school library and when she got a text from Nat "Bucky was really hurt that you left." 

"He told me to think about it. My decision is I can't do it again Nat as much as he was a amazing guy who I would give anything to date I just can't Nat you said it yourself I can't do it again." she said back to her. 

Steve brought Bucky back so Nat could relay the message. "Buck.. she said that you told her to think about it and her decisions is she can't do it again as much as she finds you amazing that she would give anything to be with you but she just can't. That I said it myself she can't do it again." 

Bucky wiped tears and said "And once again I can't help my job so I lose another girl a great girl at that." 

"Buck.." Wanda said 

"No it's fine.. I guess I can't find a girl like you all." he said as he left. 

Bucky went and sat out in front of the barracks and looked up at the stars and whispered "Delilah why?' 

Steve came over and sat beside him and said "Buck you alright?' 

"No.. I thought I finally found someone that I could spend the rest of my life with Steve. Delilah was gorgeous smart funny so damn tough for dealing with her family and pushing through after losing her ex fiancée over here." Bucky said 

"Buck you can't force her you told her to think about it and she did." Steve said

"I know but I didn't think that she would push the girls away just to get away from me" he said

"She didn't push the girls away she only moved out. She still talks to them she just doesn't live with them anymore." Steve said 

"Yeah to get away from me so she didn't have to hear me on the video chats." he said 

Delilah laid down on her bed and cried she felt bad for breaking his heart but she had to do what was best for her.