(11) A Baby and Deployment

It was two weeks before Bucky's deployment date he was getting his unit ready and she was sitting on his bed and wiping tears. Bucky came in and he said " Hey you." as he kissed her. Then he felt wetness on his lips when he kissed her cheek.

"Baby? What's wrong?' he said

She looked down and said "I'm pregnant." as she held up the pregnancy test. 

He sat down beside her and kissed the side of her head and he said "Baby it's okay I promise. I'll get some leave time." 

"Yeah." she said 

"I'm going to take a shower then we will go have dinner okay baby." he said as he got up. 

"Okay." she said 

She laid down on his bed and cried. Bucky could hear her in the shower and he looked down. "Baby it will be alright I promise." he said from the shower. 

When he got out of the shower and got dressed then he laid down beside her. "Shh baby." as he held her. Once he got her calm down they went to dinner with Steve and Natasha. 

The next morning Bucky took her to the doctor.

"Hi Mrs Barnes and Sgt Major Barnes." Dr Johnson said

"Hi." they both said 

"Alright let's see this gel is going to be cold." as he squirted the gel on her stomach. 

He turned on the screen and turned on the machine then started to rub the ultrasound wand all over her stomach then they heard the heartbeat. "8 weeks along due in April heartbeat 167." Dr Johnson said 

He printed off them their copies of the ultrasound and they went home. "So I'll just in some leave time for the birth." he said 

"Okay." she said 

They enjoyed what was left of their time together before he had to go back on deployment for a year. 

Two weeks later they were standing on the tarmac and he was kissing her with tongue as he held her close and he whispered "God I'm gonna miss kissing you baby." 

Tears started to fall and he said "No no baby please don't do this to me. I hate seeing your green eyes cry baby." as he wiped them away. 

He kissed her again and then he lifted her shirt and kissed her stomach and 3 times whispered "Take care of mama while I'm gone baby." 

"I love you Delilah Ann Grace Barnes. I"ll be home before you know it. I promise I'll try my best to get leave for the baby's birth okay." he said

"I love you too." she said as she wiped tears. 

He kissed her one last time and he whispered "I love you Delilah remember my song for you. And you will have Natasha and Wanda to keep you company okay." 

She shook her head yes cause she couldn't speak cause she was on the verge of breaking. "Baby don't." he whispered 

She kissed him one last time. "Baby I love you" he whispered. 

"I l-ove you too.." she said as her voice started to crack. 

He let her go and walked away with tears in his eyes. He swallowed them back and yelled "Load Up Boys let's go." 

He turned to see her running to the car and he looked down and whispered "Damn it Delilah" 

A few nights later he called her through skype and he said "Hey gorgeous."

She had her red hair in a braid with her glasses on and his old football hoodie and a pair of shorts. "Hey." she said 

"Baby.." he said 

"What?' she said as she looked up at him.

"I miss you I wish I was there with you. But you know  that I have to go this is my job." he said 

"Yeah I know. Believe me I know." she said 

He looked down and said "Delilah baby please don't be like this with me. Baby I hate that I had to leave as soon as we start our family but I had to go." 

"I know believe I have already been yelled at ." she said 

"What do you mean yelled at?' he said 

"I called my mom yesterday to talk to her and my grandma happen to be there and she told me that I needed to keep my mouth shut and learn my place and that I needed to stop acting like a baby cause I'm having a baby that you didn't need me acting like a baby." she said 

He shook his head and said "Baby I don't mind that it upsets you that I have to leave but I hate when I turn around and see my wife running away in tears to the car." 

"i'm sorry." she said 

"I love you baby and I miss you. Now I have to go and try and get some sleep." he said 

"Okay." she said 

"Baby.. by the way you look good in my hoodie." he said 

She chuckled and said "Thanks. Love you." 

They hung up and both of them went to sleep.