(13) Welcome Home

When Elijah was 2 months old he was finally able to go home with Delilah. His first night home Delilah was breastfeeding him with the IPAD propped against her knees when she heard "Hey There Delilah" playing through it and she whispered "there's daddy." 

She answered the call "Oh hey look little man is home with his mama." 

"Yes he is." she said as she played with his little wisps of dark hair. 

"You look beautiful baby. I might add the black lace is a turn on." he said

"Shut up!" she said

He smiled and said "just a few more months and your other Barnes will be home." 

"Yeah yeah I think I might keep this one the other one is being very mean to me. Always leaving me alone making me cry myself to sleep that's not very nice." she said 

"Baby.." he said 

"I know I know it's your job.. but it doesn't make it hurt any less." she said 

"I know baby. I miss my wife it's hard being away from you." he said 

They talked for awhile longer than he had to go. The remaining months of his deployment went by pretty fast for Delilah cause she was no longer sitting at home she Elijah who kept her on her toes. It was the day of his return she did her make up  and her hair and put on a dress and flip flops since it was still warm out. 

"Alright baby let's go get daddy shall we." she said as she picked up Elijah and put him in his car seat. 

They went to the army airfield where they go to pick them up and parked the car and got little Eli out of his car seat and went to stand where Natasha was. The plane landed and the boys unloaded once they did all they had to they were released.

"Oh my little man you are getting to big look at you." he said as he took Elijah.

"Dada dada." he said 

"Oh yeah dada is home little man." Bucky said 

"I'm standing right here." Delilah said

"I know where my sexy sexy wife is." Bucky said as kissed her.

"Mmm Bucky.. man I've missed you especially when you kiss me like that." she whispered. 

They got to her car and he drove them back to base. They got back to their base apartment for her to live in while he was gone and she put Eli in his room and Bucky pulled her down the hallway into their room and clothes went flying and he started to slam into her and she whispered out his name and he whispered "oh god..oh shit.." then he spilled into her. 

He rolled off of her and he said "God I hate long deployments." 

"Me too." she said 

Then his phone buzzed 

"LT COL. WILLIAMS WANTS TO SEE YOU AND YOUR WIFE IN HIS OFFICE IN AN HOUR" 

"Ugh I just got home. " he said

"What's wrong." she said

"Get dressed and see if Nat can stay with Eli the Lt Col wants to meet with both of us." he said 

"Okay." she said 

She asked Nat to stay with Eli and they got dressed and drove over to the main building. They walked into the office and then they heard "My god Delilah Tucker." 

"I um it's Barnes now do I know you?' she said 

"I'm Lt Colonel Wallace I was Major Wallace when your dad was Captain Tucker my wife and your mama use to be real close till we got separated." Lt Colonel Wallace said

"Oh..well it's nice to see you sir." she said 

"Sgt Major Barnes you never told me who your wife was. If I had known whose grand daughter you were married to you would have gotten more time off when she had the little one." Lt Col Williams said

"He doesn't like to brag that he's married to a double military generation." she said 

Bucky shook his head and said 'You wanted to see me sir." 

"Right this here is Lt Colonel Wallace from Fort Bragg. He has some things that he wanted to tell you and your wife." Lt Colonel Williams said.

"Okay so we have promoted you to CSM : Command Sgt Major.  So let's fixed this." as he fixed his ranking and said "That means you get a house on base so this weekend we are inviting you and your wife Delilah here to come up and pick out one of the ones that we have available for NCOS and the families." 

"Wow thank you sir. Yes me and Delilah will be delighted to do that this weekend." Bucky said 

"Also you have until next September off from deployment that way you can get your new unit in shape for some of them their first deployment." Lt Col. Wallace said 

"thank god" Delilah whispered 

"What she means is thank you sir." Bucky said

"We will see you this weekend." Lt Col. Wallace said

"See you this weekend sir." Bucky said 

Then they head back to the apartment. They called their families to let them know about his promotion. That weekend they drove up to Fort Bragg and met with Lt Col Wallace and he showed them around to the ones that were available and they finally decided on one. 

"Alright guys she's all yours

"Alright guys she's all yours. Here's the keys and you can move in as soon as possible Command Sgt Major Barnes and family." Lt Col Wallace said

"Thank you." they both said 

Over the next several days they got moved but something was off they realized that Steve and Natasha were not transferring with them like Bucky and Steve had thought. They called them and Steve said "We are all separated I'm at Fort Jackson though and I'm now 2nd Sgt.." 

"Oh..okay." Bucky said 

Bucky started training his unit the following Monday and Delilah experienced her first officer wives luncheon. Although to her being the new girl again brought back old feelings. That night when Bucky got back home he found her crying in the shower.

"hey hey baby what's wrong?' as he stripped down and got in with her. 

"I just I hate being the new person." she said through tears.

He hugged her and said "I take it the luncheon didn't go well."

"I just don't adjust well and I say stupid things and now that I'm an adult I don't have my mom correcting me." she said 

"Shh baby they all know that you are new to this part of the world. I'm sure everything is fine" he said

"Elijah knocked his bottle all over me it didn't have a lid on it and I said shit and then I almost dropped my plate and I spilled my tea Bucky I'm a klutz when I'm a nervous." she said 

"Shh baby it's fine.. everybody gets a little nervous and flubs it's alright." he said as he washed his hair. 

After they finished in the shower they made a pizza and watched Netflix till they fell asleep in their bed.