Epilogue

-3 years later-

Bucky was still 2nd Lt which he didn't mind he wasn't ready to be promoted again. He got his papers that they were being transferred to Fort Shafter HI. 

"Holy Shit." Delilah said 

"I know." he said 

They started to pack up and hired military movers and moved to HI. After a year of being there Bucky was promoted to 1st Lt. Delilah told Bucky that she could wait till he was ready to retire if he wanted to keep climbing the ladder but he ultimately said that he wanted to retire when Elijah started middle school. 

After being at HI Fort Shafter they were moved to Fort Minor Langley where he was promoted to Captain. By then her two grandfathers had passed and her parents ultimately moved to Florida after her grandfather Charles passed away. Her grandmother Lucille passed away shortly after her husband passed. 

After he was promoted to Captain Barnes they were able to stay in one place for a little awhile which also meant they could try for the other two kids that they had talked about. Charlotte and Elijah were 10 yeas and 9 years. Delilah had another little girl first who they named Laurel Ann Barnes and their last baby was another little boy who they named Landon Alexander. When Landon was 2 years old Bucky was a Major. 

He came to Delilah a few months after being promoted and said he was done he was ready to retire and be the dad his dad was. They packed up and moved to Brooklyn NY and that is where they lived out their days.