(16) The Showdown

A few weekends after he got back from his deployment they were getting each other ready for her dad's retirement party he had his military dress uniform on and she had a dress on that she bought for the occasion and got a dress for Charlotte and a nice little button up shirt and pants for Elijah. They had drove up the night before instead of flying cause of the kids and so they drove over to the place for the party. 

"Delilah honey what have I always told you about heels." Melinda said 

"Mom please don't start." she said 

" she said 

"Delilah Ann Grace

"Delilah Ann Grace.." Melinda said 

"Mom I said to stop." Delilah said as she walked off to say to the other guests. 

"Delilah I'm so glad that you all made it" Charlie said

"Hi daddy" she said as she hugged him. 

As the night was coming to a close and it was just family Lucille walked over to Delilah and said "Delilah Ann Grace Tucker you may be married but I did not approve of the outfit the dress was to short and the heels were to well you know what word I want to use." 

"Slutty I believe is the word you want to use grandma" she said

"Delilah you are an officer's wife a 2nd Lt's wife you were raised to cover up look pretty and keep this mouth shut. I saw you all night." Lucille said 

"Grandma seriously you are not going treat me like this anymore. Delilah said

"I will treat you how I want." Lucille said 

"I will not do this anymore Grandma." she said 

She went over to get her diaper bag packed back up and Edward said "James you need to get a handle on your wife." 

James looked at him confused and said "Get a handle on my wife. I will not sit here and treat her like you all have treated her for years. I love that woman right there she's the mother of my kids and she's my wife she's not some trophy that looks pretty on my arm." 

"I will advise you James who you are speaking to." Edward said

"I know exactly who I'm speaking to. You are retired all 3 of you are retired and my wife is done with this bull shit that she has to be perfect all the time. When I met Delilah I had no idea that she was under so much pressure to be perfect all the damn time till she came into her apartment in utter tears and red in the face cause she was so pissed off and hurt because of you all talk to her telling her what she can and can't do telling her she's fat or that she needed to know her place. Her place is by my side as my wife my team mate  not a prize. When she has a stress attack cause she's told that she needed to get over the fact that she isn't number one in my life and I almost lost her and my son there's a problem she is my number one priority she's the reason why I fight every time I'm deployed. When my wife is struggling to know her place and is constantly worried and has to be put on anxiety medication and is told that her struggles is from how she was raised then there is a problem. She's the mother of my kids I can't lose her cause I love her to damn much so please back the hell off and stop with the bull shit of being this perfect Barbie doll." Bucky said as he picked up his kids and left with Delilah. 

They got their stuff at the hotel and drove back to Fort Bragg. 

He grabbed her hand and interlaced their fingers over the gear shift and he whispered "I love you baby." 

"I love you too baby thank you." she said 

"You are so welcome baby I had enough." he said 

They arrived home late they put the kids to bed and they sex and went to sleep.