20

"I can't believe you weren't going to make him hot chocolate from scratch!" Jin exclaimed as he stirred the boiling, white milk bubbling in the pot on Yoongi's stove with a wooden spoon, glancing over at the pale boy in question who was leaning against the counter, peering frequently back into the living room to check on Jimin, who was playing Mario Kart 8 with Jungkook and Tae, lip twisted worriedly between his teeth.

After his group of friends had arrived, and finally met the boy Yoongi had talked so much about, Jin and Hobi had insisted upon making hot chocolate "the right way," dragging Yoongi and Namjoon into the kitchen with them, and leaving the youngest to entertain each other.

Much to Yoongi's concern.

He knew Jimin was a very anxious boy when presented with many strangers, and he was afraid that Tae and Kookie, two relatively talkative, and very strange people, might be too much for him to handle right now. Especially since he was still emotionally fragile.

But from where he was, Jimin seemed to be doing okay, giggling adorably at the insults they threw at the characters on the glowing screen, small thumbs working furiously on his controller.

He turned his head, sniffing indignantly at Jin's incredulous question, and shooting Namjoon a disbelieving look.

"Not everyone is a freak like you hyung, my microwaved hot chocolate would have been just fine."

"Yah!" Jin shouted in playful irritation as Hobi grabbed the chocolate from his cabinet, pouring into the warm liquid. "Show some respect. Besides everyone knows I'm fabulous."

Yoongi rolled his eyes, resting his elbows on the solid surface behind him and blowing his bangs out of his cat like eyes.

"Sure, sure." He muttered, scooting over as Namjoon hopped onto the counter top, swinging his legs back and forth.

"Be careful not to break anything, God of Destruction." Jin warned, holding up his finger, and giving him a stern glare. Namjoon held up his hands in surrender, nodding absentmindedly.

"I won't!" He promised, but Jin didn't look convinced, pinching his pink lips together disapprovingly.

"Mhm."

Hobi's warm, brown eyes suddenly lit up with excitement, mouth stretching into a smile as the milk began to turn brown, bouncing happily on the balls of his feet.

"It's like Christmas!" He cried out, and Yoongi quirked his eyebrows in confusion, letting out an exasperated sigh when he started to sing, very loudly.

"Deck the halls with bows of holly fa la la la la la la la la!"

"What the fuck, it's nowhere near Christmas!" Yoongi claimed, scoffing fondly at his energetic and cheerful spirit.

"It's October!" He retorted sticking out his tongue.

"It's not even Halloween yet!"

"Stop being a grinch Yoongi!" Jin chimed in, and Hobi beamed, a mischievous glint twinkling in his eyes.

Yoongi groaned, knowing what he was going to do before he even opened his mouth.

"You're a mean one, Mr. Grinch! You really are a heel!"

"Bloody hell..." He mumbled as Joonie and Jin joined in.

"You're as cuddly as a cactus, you're as charming as an eel, Mr. Grinch!"

"Shut up!"

And then they all shouted at him in unison.

"You're a bad banana with a greasy black peel!"