55

It was warm in Yoongi's car, the low beat of the music playing on the radio resonating in Jimin's bones and vibrating across his flushed skin, the tip of his nose tinged pink from the cool evening air.

A soft smile rested on his lips, subtly breathing in Yoongi's redolence which hung in the small space between them, glancing frequently at the man in question who was driving them home, his deft fingers curled around the steering wheel, a serene, peaceful expression decorating his features.

It was quiet, but this quiet wasn't like the quiet that Jimin suffered from, suffocated in, in his old home, the walls splattered with his pain, breaking apart in the empty room, making himself tiny, tiny, tiny, wishing someone would hold him.

This quiet was gentle, comforting, a quiet that wasn't really a quiet at all.

It was full of heated breaths, and Jimin's small fingers tapping his knee, moving over to Yoongi's leg and drawing small patterns there, enough to be reassuring, but not enough to distract him, simply rewarding him with a bright twinkle in his cat like eyes.

It was full of wanting looks, and fond gazes, and Yoongi's little purrs, and silent thoughts that would make Jimin blush if he uttered them aloud.

It was full of them, their presence, intertwined even without speaking, and it was okay that Jimin's eyes were pieces of shattered glass, put together in the wrong places, that his mind was a tangled mess that still needed to be unwoven, that his memories consisted of colorless photographs stained with his own cries, because here with Yoongi, it didn't matter how many scars he had or how broken he thought he was.

They loved each other regardless.

And maybe...

Maybe he really was ready.