chapter 3

We walked out of the school doors together and I immediately started to bug Hyunjin.

"So now can you tell me her name?" I said shoving my face in his.

"We are still in public. I'll tell you when we get home." He said and just walked faster to get away from me.

"Aw, thank you Hyunjin!" I said and ruffled his fluffy hair.

As we were walking we talked about plans for the future. Things like college, what we were gonna do for the rest of our lives.

"Hyunjin-ah. I don't want to loose you. I don't want to loose my best friend." I said sadly.

"Your not going to loose your best friend. Ok. I promise you that." He said with his cute smile.

"Your going to keep it right?" I asked.

"Of course. When have I never kept a promise." He said being all cocky.

He had a point. He has never broken any of my promises, nor have I broke any of his. We had the friendship that everyone wanted. No drama, no being fake to each other, no arguments.

I'm so glad that I found a best friend that actually was going to be my best friend forever. I never knew that it was possible but here we are. It's possible.

Here's a piece of advice from me to you. When you really feel like a person can really be your best friend forever don't let them go. Don't argue with them, don't be fake with them, and don't have drama with each other. Because keeping that one friend for many many years is not even equal to having a million friends but only keeping them for a couple months or weeks. One person can change your life for the better. And that person for me is Hwang Hyunjin.

He really has made my life what it is today. He shaped me into the young woman I am today. Hyunjin really taught me how to trust, how to be caring. And most importantly how to be a friend.

I shaped him into the young man he is now. We needed each other, so we stay by each other.

So the two of us arrived at his house and he opened the door. Nobody was inside because his parents worked during the day and he has no siblings.

I set my bag down next to the door, and took off my shoes. Then he told me to come up to his room to do homework. I grabbed all my books from my backpack and ran upstairs. I came dancing into his room dancing to Twice's Dance The Night Away since he put it on his speaker.

I plopped down on the bed and looked Hyunjin in the face.

"So what's her name?" I said very quickly.

"You really want to know now, don't you?" He said and patted my head like a dog.

I pushed his hand away from me and we started play fighting. Gosh. I don't even know why we always do this.

"Ok, come on just tell me." I said. I started to become serious.

"Ok her name is Jeon Hwayoung. You have English with her and I have P.E with her." He said.

I could tell he was getting embarrassed just talking about her. Which I thought was just too cute. I've never seen my best friend get this sappy about a girl, it was new.

But for some reason when I heard her name, my heart started to hurt. It started to hurt like I wasn't happy for him. But I really felt like I was happy for him. I started to give off a confused look on my face. And I guess he noticed.

"What? Is there something wrong? Is there something I don't know about her?" Hyunjin asked me.

"Wait, oh no. I just realized that um- she is in my English class." I said trying not to tell him what I was feeling.

I didn't want to tell him this weird feeling I was having. I don't even know what it is.

"Hey, I forget. Where is your bathroom?" I asked.

"It's just down the hall. It's the door right at the end." He said pointing down the hall.

"Thanks." I said and left the room pretty fast.