chapter 24

During the drive I laid my head on the window and acted like I was in a sad music video. It was a habit of mine.

When I listened to ballad songs I always acted like I was in a music video. It entertained me in some way.

Listening to music, I fell asleep. And before I knew it we all arrived at the airport. The workers unloaded the van and we took all our respective bags.

We walked through the airport doors and did what we had to do to get into the actual airport.

Checking in, grabbed some food, went through security, and headed to our gate. We didn't get to the airport that early so when we got to our gate the plane was boarding in about 10 minutes.

We sat down and I looked at my phone. I checked the news and the weather in Korea. Also I did my research on the art festival I was attending.

It said that many big artists from not just Korea but all around the world come to this festival. The purpose is to showcase big artists works for an affordable price, but it's also to showcase underrated artists too. So that they can be recognized too.

Before I left Korea I loved going to things like this. Ever since I was a little kid I always loved art. I always appreciated the real meaning behind art.

An art piece always had a meaning to it, it's own story. And I loved reading these stories. It was like reading a super good book but what you're reading is an art piece.

They were calling the sections to board. First was first class, then it was business class. My seat was in business class, so I had to say goodbye to Jaemin. Even though I told him after take off to come to my seat.

He sat in economy class, so he was going to be called to board later.

I gave my ticket to the girl and she told me to go through a certain door. After her telling me that, all the memories were coming back to me.

That day I had left Korea. When I heard Hyunjin screaming my name. Me stopping in front of the doors, and not looking back.

Instead of me hesitating to leave Korea, it was now me hesitating to go back.

But Miss Jung-ja told me to go, and so I did.

And now there I was. Walking down that long hallway. Going back to Korea. The location of all my past pain.