chapter 16

I turned around and there Hyunjin was, standing there.

"What are you doing here?" I said trying to get my hand of his grasp.

"My parents are coming back from a business trip. What are you doing here?" Hyunjin asked.

"It isn't any of your business. Is it?" I said.

"It's all my business. So now answer my question, what are you doing in this airport?" He said.

"I don't need to tell you." I said. Then I turned away from him. I started to walk away, toward my gate.

He grabbed my hand and pulled me into a hug.

"Please. Don't go." He said, he almost started to cry.

"No I need to go. I have no reason to be here anymore." I said.

I pulled away from his hug.

"No. You do have a reason. I need you." He said grabbing my hand.

"Stop telling yourself that." I said. A tear left my eye.

"You know that you don't need me. Stop convincing yourself to believe these lies. I'm no longer needed in your life. You'll be happier without me here. Without me to think or to care about." I said.

"Don't say that. I know that I need you. I will always need you, Lee Ha Yoon." He said.

"No. After all this, Hyunjin." I stopped myself.

"Let me let go of you. I'm changing. Because you've already changed." I said. I walked away hoping to never see him again.

"What do you mean?" Hyunjin yelled to me.

"You are not the same Hyunjin I met in kindergarten anymore. The Hyunjin that will stand by my side forever. You won't anymore, because I'm no longer needed by your side. So you can't stay by mine." I said and finally left.

"Ha Yoon! Wait!" He yelled.

I heard him yell. I heard him scream. But I never turned back. I couldn't.

My flight was boarding so I went up to the person checking the tickets. She checked my ticket and allowed my to board.

I stopped in front of the door. This door was the way out the place of all my pain. I took a deep breath, and walked through those doors.

Then my head had finally let Hyunjin go. Know was the time to teach my heart to let go of him.