Part 2

Logan, Colin and Finn were at Rich Man's Shoe drinking in their claimed booth in the back corner, that is more isolated than the others.

"Engagement?! What the hell did I do?" Logan said freaking out as he started drowning himself in scotch, knocking back his forth glass of the night.

"Well mate, at least you get a lovely blue-eyed brunette out of the deal." Finn reasoned.

Colin smacked him on the shoulder, hard.

"Ow! Bloody hell, Mate that hurt!" Finn says rubbing his shoulder.

Logan glared at Finn, in turn.

"I'm just saying, maybe it won't be so bad." Finn grinned, then started laughing.

Colin then joined in as well, quietly.

"What is going on with you two?"

"Miss Gilmore has style, I'll give you that." Colin chuckled.

"What?" Logan asked bewildered.

"She got you back for sure! Oh the look on your face when you thought he talked to your father!"

His two friends were in hysterics.

Logan rolled his eyes, when suddenly his phone rings.

"Hello?" Logan answers.

"Logan, son, family dinner Friday night. I need you to be there. There are some things to discuss, and I'd appreciate it if you'd come early so we can talk in my study."

"Okay..."

"Great. See you Friday son."

The line ended.

Logan looked up at his friends to see them with curious looks.

"Huntzberger family dinner Friday night, and daddy dearest wants to talk."

Colin and Finn were silent, then shared a look with each other.

"You don't think -" Colin started.

Finn shook his head, "It could, but it can't be a coincidence."

"What are you two going on about this time?" Logan asked.

Finn and Colin just glanced at Logan before they both downed the rest of their scotch in the glass they had in hand.

"Well?" Logan hissed.

"The Dark Lord called you about dinner with the fam right after this confrontation with Richard Gilmore. This could only mean one thing. And the one thing is that this is being taken seriously." Colin broke down for Logan as he himself analyzes what's going on.

"Bloody hell Huntz, you sure know how to get into these types of situations! It's too bad we can't go see the show down at the lair." Finn laughed.

"They can't be serious about this! We barely know each other!" Logan grumbled and swallowed what was left of his scotch then motions to the waitress for another.

"Well at least you've met your match. I mean she literally out did you with your prank, Logan!" Colin pointed out.

"She's a hell of a writer too." Logan commented as he received his new glass of scotch.

"Wait, really?" Finn asked with interest.

"Yeah, way better than any writer of HPG."

Colin let out a low whistle, "Looks like you've got a run for your money. She has already out did you, prank master. She's a brilliant writer, as you say. Apart of high-society blue-bloods and calls you out on your crap. I'd say you've met your match."

"What are you talking about?" Logan looking at him in utter confusion.

Colin huffed in frustration.

"How dense can you be?" Finn said dramatically.

Logan just looks at his friends in total confusion.

"I don't even know how we've been friends for so long! It's clear that this is happening! You will be getting married to the Gilmore Girl and there is no way in stopping it!" Colin practically yells.

Logan groaned, "I need whiskey for this." He motions for the waitress.

"Bring a couple bottles, darling!" Finn yells after her.

"How the hell could this happen? To me of all people." Logan grumbled.

"Well, you were the one that wanted to prank her, prank master. Although that title goes to her now, because that was priceless!" Finn laughed. 

"Yeah, yeah laugh it up all you want. I need to go. I'm going to call Honor and see what the deal is with this dinner." Logan murmured then left the two boys alone in the bar.

Although, he didn't go to his dorm, he went to Rory's.

He knocked on the door and heard laughter in the room when it suddenly opened by one Rory Gilmore, clad in Yale sweats and bunny slippers.

"Oh hey Logan, what are you doing here?" Rory said casually, though she didn't feel very confident in her words, because nonetheless this is Logan were talking about, she was nervous as to why he was there and she could smell a hint of alcohol on him. She didn't know what to think.

"Well presuming that you know what is happening Friday, I was wondering if we could talk." Logan said in a very serious tone. He was drunk, and wasn't sure if he'd remember this in the morning.

"Okay... I don't know what you mean about Friday. I'm going to weekly family dinner that's it. What's happening Friday?" Rory said confused as she lets him in and she goes over to pause the TV.

Logan took in the amount of junk food on her coffee table and was shocked, but broke his gaze to look at her.

"Wait, you don't know?"

"Know what?" Rory said starting to get irritated.

"That you, your mom, and your grandparents are going over to my house, the Huntzberger residence, to discuss our engagement." Logan said like it was obvious.

"You're joking. That was a joke Logan, a prank, ring a bell? I don't know what your talking about and it was Grandpa's idea to do the whole 'talked to your father, welcome to the family thing' he didn't actually do that Logan. He wouldn't." Rory laughed.

"You don't get it Rory, my father, Mitchum Huntzberger, class A - jerk, has heard about the confrontation from Richard and the prank in Mr. Bell's class, which apparently isn't a prank in my dad's book. This is actually being taken seriously. You and I, could potentially, actually get married sometime in this near future."

Rory was wide-eyed, "Please tell me your joking! This - this can't be happening! I'm turning 20 in a few months, I just got out a horrible relationship - a relationship I didn't even want! Now this! I'm dead, I'm totally dead! What am I going to tell my mom! She's going to me so mad at Grandma and Grandpa, they are sort of on good terms now and this is going to ruin that. And you! You're Hartford's most eligible bachelor! A player, that cares about nothing but drinking and partying! We can't be together! I don't even know you as a person, only that you are an egotistical, arrogant, incorrigible, jerk!" Rory's voice was growing louder after every statement that she was full on yelling at Logan at this point in her rant.

"Whoa, whoa, whoa you need to breathe sometime Ace." Logan says shocked at her fast-talked rant.

"Shut up." Rory hissed as she began pacing back and forth in front of him muttering something that he couldn't comprehend.

Logan was silent for a minute, he alcoholic buzz was starting to get to him.

Rory swiftly turned to him, "Okay, what were are going to do is sleep on this. This isn't real, this isn't going to happen. You go back to your dorm and sleep off this alcohol and frightening mind set that is making you believe that this is a marriage set up." She started to push him out of her dorm and he reluctantly nodded and left whole Rory was left to ponder what the hell just happened.