Part 7

On the drive way Rory didn't know what to say to Logan, but she knew she needed to take care of him in that moment.

"Okay, that's it you are going to stay with me at my dorm just for this night, and I am going to take care of that hand you so skillfully injured by getting mad at a tree. We will talk once that hand is cleaned up and you aren't wincing in pain every three seconds." Rory said sternly.

Logan nodded as his head hung low.

"I'm sorry, I'm just a burden -"

"No. No you aren't Logan. Never ever think that you are!" She said lifting his head up to look at her.

They locked eyes, and all the emotions Logan has ever felt shone in his eyes and Rory could read him like an open book, she smiled and leaned into him to give him a kiss on the cheek, however, it lingered for more than what it was to consider of a chaste kiss.

Honor watched from the window smiling, Shira right behind her also with a bright smile.

"Honor! Shira! What are you both gawking at - oh." Mitchum said then started to smile, "Well isn't that a perfect picture.

Logan leaning against the car, Rory's hand on his shoulder with her head tilted just right to whisper something in his ear as well as a kiss on the cheek. A smile was Logan's as his head was tilted towards her's resting there.

Honor pulled out her phone, made sure she had a clear shot, no flash, and snapped a photo. It wasn't a dark photo as it probably would have been if it weren't for the many porch lights on the house and in the driveway that illuminated the perfect shot.

When the couple got in the limo and headed to Rory's dorm she told him to sit on the couch as she zoomed in and out of the rooms gathering supplies to nurse his hand.

They sat there in silence as Rory made sure there was no bark in the open wounds and that it wasn't going to get infected.

"You're very good at this." Logan commented as she started to wrap his hand in a gauze.

"Eh, I've had a few minor experiences, one watching intently as the doctor wrapped my arm in a cast when I was hmm, maybe 16 almost 17."

"What happened?"

"Car crash. Well it was a car my first boyfriend built me, my second boyfriend crashed it accidentally."

"Accidentally crashing your car that your first boyfriend built you? Are you sure it was accidentally?"

"Yes. There was a patch of ice and dog, bad combo."

Logan just nodded.

"There all wrapped up now this bag of frozen peas should help to cool the wound so it doesn't swell." Rory said as she gently laid the bag on top of his hand.

"Thank you."

"No problem." Rory smiled and packed up everything and put everything back to where it all belongs.

"Where's Paris?"

"At Doyle's. They decided to mix it up this week, which I'm thankful for because I could hardly ever get any sleep."

"That bad?"

"That bad." Rory nodded. She sat down next to him where his arm that rested on a stack of pillows with a bag of peas on top sat in between them.

A moment of silence broke through them.

"So..." Logan started.

"We should probably talk."

"Yeah." Logan breathed.

"Okay, what first? This incident," Rory made a motion at his hand, "or the 'arranged marriage' ordeal?"

"I think we should get over the bigger elephant."

"Right... so what exactly are your thoughts on this whole... engagement thing..."

"I - I don't know. Honestly, I not exactly happy about it... but I guess I can understand it... kind of."

"Kind of?"

"Yeah, I mean, you graduate in two maybe three more years, while I graduate next year or the year after that, but Mitchum wants me to be groomed to take over. Not that I care. It's always what he wants, it's all about the business. I'm just the heir. Not. His son."

"Logan..." Rory whispered and a wave of sadness overwhelmed her senses.

"He wants me to settle down, but I don't know how. I've never been the commitment kind of guy."

"Well, I've always been the commitment kind of girl. I can help you."

"Rory, I - This whole this is like a slap in the face, I don't have the greatest father figure so I have no clue as what to do."

"Well, if it helps, though I doubt it will, I never had the best father either, but look at it this way. Take whatever it is Mitchum does, and do the opposite. He clearly is an example of what not to do."

Logan was quiet, she was thinking, considering her words.

"I guess you're right..."

"See you're going to be a great boyfriend for starters, women are always right." Rory smiled.

Logan chuckled.

Later on in the week...

In the study Logan, Rory, Richard and Mitchum sit and talk about the engagement.

"I have the prenup all printed and perfected. I have already signed it. If you all will sign here. Logan and Rory sign here and here, and initial here and here. Richard initial here. And sane for these two copies as well." Mitchum says pushing four more copies.

"One for me, one for Richard, one for the lawyer, and one for the two of you." Mitchum explains seeing the confusion on the young couple's faces.

They nod and in the silence of a few minutes of signing a knock was at the door.

"Come in." Mitchum boomed.

Shira entered, "Mitchum, dear. When shall we make the announcement?" Shira asked.

Mitchum looked at the couple then back at Shira. "At the work party in a few months that would be perfect timing."

Shira nods and then exits to go to Yale with Honor.

"That's less than four months away!" Logan states exasperated.

"Perfect time for you two to move in with each other and get used to each other in one household." Mitchum suggests.

Rory and Logan look at each other speechless.

"Bu - Bu - Huh? We can't just live together on a whim!" Rory said gaping.

"Yeah, what she said! Dad, we have school we don't have time to find a place and move, finals are coming up. It's pop quizzes and testing season."

"Then you won't mind that I have the apartment already picked out and people are moving your stuff as we speak, Honor is watching the movers with Rory's things, Shira with Logan's and Emily is at the apartment on the receiving end. Everything is fine." Mitchum concluded.

Rory and Logan couldn't form any words.

"Now, shall we discuss any future trust funds?" Richard says clapping his hands together.

Logan pales as he freezes in his seat, and Rory blushes a bright red in her cheeks, casting her eyes down wards as she shifts uncomfortably in her chair.

Mitchum and Richard share a glance before sharing a light chuckle at the embarrassment of the young couple.