Part 10

As Logan made breakfast, his mind went to what was in the envelope he received. They both didn't get around to the gift, assuming it's a house warming or a peace offering for the inconvenience. But in the envelope shocked him.

He had three letters, much like Rory had, but also a couple keys and a paper explaining the keys.

Logan,

These keys are for you and Rory. The one with an M engraved on it is for the house in Maine, and the other with a V is for the house in Martha's Vineyard. Do put them in good use, we've never gotten to use them since we bought them. They are under both your names on the statements. So, now they are yours.

- Dad

In all honesty, Logan didn't know what to say. He didn't get a chance to read the other letters because Rory broke down crying. He's never really comforted a girl before, well besides Honor when she went through heart breaks.

He didn't like seeing her cry. He loved her smile, her witty remarks, her ranting, her journalistic ambitions. He enjoyed her company and that morning when she woke up in his arms he couldn't think of anything other than perfect. He's gladly go through with this, if it meant waking up to her every morning, curled up in his arms.

He was smiling while cooking, not realizing a presence was there.

Over the days, after Rory had treated his hand, his hand of course got better, but he still felt the tingle from the sparks as she nursed him.

He didn't think this would become his life. Him actually falling for one particular girl, and seeing a future. Even if it is already planned out in mere hours of a day.

He got out plates and put breakfast on them, then cleaned the area a bit before turning with the plates in hand to see Rory sitting there at the kitchen island nursing her second cup of coffee, at least he thought it was her second. She looked beautiful and her electric blue eyes peered at him over the rim of her coffee mug. He snapped out of him daze when he noticed the arched eyebrow and smirk on her face. He internally scolded himself for staring. He placed her breakfast in front of her, and his next to her, then reaching into a drawer and pulling out silverware.

"So, you make good coffee and you cook. Gotta say I didn't know such a man existed." Rory says as she looks at her food admiring the pancakes, bacon and eggs.

"Well, I guess you got the lucky side of the stick."

Rory smiled softly, but her eyes were pulled to the attention on the gift that wasn't too far away from them.

"What do you think is in there?" Rory says motioning with her head to the gift.

"I don't know, and I don't think I want to know."

"I have this nagging feeling that we need to open it."

"I wouldn't be too sure, but if you want to open it you can." Logan said and slid the present towards Rory. She nodded and slowly opened it.

Beneath the wrapping paper was a box, Logan passed her a butter knife.

She opened the box to find multiple boxes. Rory was confused. She took out a small one was handed it to Logan since his name was on it.

He found a tag on it saying: You'll need this soon.

Logan opened and saw the family heirloom ring. He sighed.

Rory opened one of them, it was a photo album with the tag saying from Shira and a note telling her that she thought Rory would like to keep a keepsake of memories of her wedding and so forth. The next box was also for Rory and it was from Emily. As you can imagine, it was a thick, giant wedding planning book. Rory groaned at the sight. There was a schedule in there too, about appointments and what needed to be booked in advance as in a couple of weeks.

As the Rory was a silent debate to throw the book in the fireplace or to call her grandmother and give her a piece of her mind, Logan looked in the box and found another thing with his name on it.

He grabbed it, and proceeded to open it.

Inside the box was two newly bound leather covered passports. Another letter was there, it seemed to be from Richard.

Logan,

I am sure with this extremely stressful situation, you and Rory will need some time to get away. One of the passports is for you and the other for Rory. You'll find your name printed on yours and same for her as well. I'm sure you'll put good use to these for vacations and such. Rory loves to travel, more like she has the aspiration to see the world, and I bet you do as well. Do what you will with these, I'm sure you'll use them soon.

Sincerely,

Richard Gilmore

Logan was silent as he looked at the navy blue leather passports with the American symbol on the cover. He opened the first one up and there was his name.

Logan Elias Huntzberger

He then put that one aside and he opened the second one, it had a longer name, Rory's full name.

Lorelai Leigh Gilmore-Hayden-Huntzberger III

Logan noticed that Huntzberger was scrawled along with her name and he took a deep breath and closed his eyes for a second. His mind was working double time. He loved the name printed in front of him. He loved seeing his name attached to hers. However he didn't understand his feelings for her. He's never felt this way before.

"Bah! No. I will not start this today, I will not start this tomorrow or next week! Summer, sure that'd work, but it makes it seem too real. I can't do this!" Rory wailed.

Logan looked at her then down at the two thick books.

"Well, it seems they want planning to start sooner." Rory said glancing at him.

She had to stop for a second and relished in his warm brown eyes, she saw a few emotions pass through his eyes but she couldn't decipher what the emotions were.

******
Sorry, sorry, sorry! I was going to update sooner but I've been dragging behind lately. I've been busy this weekend and I'm sick. I got sick yesterday and still had to go to school today, I felt like I was going to pass out. Please bare with me, i'm trying but you've got to understand I can't update constantly.