Part 12

Rory burst through the door of her and Logan's apartment in a fit of stress, anger and frustration.

Logan was sitting on the couch in a similar attitude, but his head was sitting in his hands. His hair was a complete mess - a handsome mess.

Rory made her way to the coffee maker, after tossing her bags on the cushioned leather chair next to the couch on Logan's right.

Logan runs a hand over his own face before he stands up to see what's wrong with Rory.

"Hey." He says softly.

Rory jumps, "Oh, hey."

"Are you... Are you okay?" He asked hesitantly.

"Oh! I'm just peachy! I received a call from your mother today, our wedding planning will begin in the next few days. Isn't that thrilling?" Rory said with such disdain in her voice.

Logan sighed, "You're not the only one that received a call from her."

"She pulled you in too?"

"Not like I have a choice."

Rory downs her freshly brewed black coffee in her mug.

"Hey, what do you say about going out tonight?"

"Depends. What do you have in mind?"

"Well, presuming you don't want to go out to anything fancy tonight?"

"You presume correctly." Rory says refilling her mug and then hides her small smile behind her mug as she takes a long sip.

"Well there's this little Italian restaurant-" Logan starts.

Rory starts to grin widely, "Let's go there!"

Logan nodded, "I'll call for a reservation."

Rory nodded and then bounded off to her closet to find something decent.

Three hours later...

"Rory were going to be late!" Logan called looking at his watch.

"I'm coming I'm coming. Do you know how hard it is to find something casual in a closet full of dresses and jewels and zero jeans! I swear the next time I see my grandmother I'll strangle her. No wait I'll leave that to my mom. She did always want to see her eyes pop out I'm sure. But anyway the only thing casual enough is a skirt and blouse, I hope this is okay." Rory said emerging from the room into the living area in a black short skirt that flared out, a pale blue blouse that was loose with a teasing v neckline, black heeled ankle boots, hair down in waves but her bangs were pinned back with diamond barrettes, barely any make up besides mascara, eyeliner, and lip gloss, she also wore a simple diamond necklace and matching stud earrings, her small black purse hung from her shoulder and bounced against her hip.

Logan's jaw dropped. She was only in a simple and casual look, yet was absolutely gorgeous.

Rory looked at Logan's face and saw a shocked look, "What? Do I have something on my face?" Her face scrunched up in confusion.

Logan watched her and thought she was absolutely adorable.

Maybe this marriage thing won't be so bad after all.

****

Emily was looking at a book full of wedding idea samples that also had fabric samples you could touch and feel.

"Emily!" Richard called, "Emily!"

"I'm in that parlour Richard!" Emily called back flipping through summer wedding themes.

"Ah, Emily. I just got a call at the office from Mitchum. He says Shira has a plan to have the meeting on Friday to have a date selected along with a venue and theme as well as the bridal party."

"Yes, yes very well. Now why did Mitchum tell you this and not have Shira tell me." Emily said on edge.

"We had matters to discuss and he mentioned she'd call you sometime today."

Emily merely nodded and Richard was off to his study after they shared a kiss.

Emily was pondering the thought that Shira had something up her sleeve.

And she did not like it one bit.

****
Okay so it's short but I updated!

Thanks for reading! I love you all!