Part 5

The next day Rory and Lorelai hit the mall in New York for dresses that are appropriate for the evening come Friday.

"Ooh! What about pink?" Lorelai asked showing Rory the dress that looked like a flamingo threw up all over it.

"Unless you want to look like a sick flamingo in the middle of a desert, go ahead."

Lorelai rolled her eyes.

Rory then came across the blue section of the dress rack and found and immediately knew what shoes to get, so voila!

The dress was a navy blue that had a high-low skirt that puffed out a little and had detailed beading all along the the collar and bust with lace as well. It was sleeveless and modest, but modern. Her heels her the same navy blue with straps and a small gold buckle.

Lorelai wandered off to the red section then pieced the rest of her outfit together.

Friday rolled around and the mother-daughter duo were getting ready, when a knock was at the door

"Coming!" Rory called as she shuffled to the door putting in a diamond and silver dangling earring in her left ear.

Once she opens the door, she moves to the right ear and looks at who's in front of her.

"Logan? What are you doing here? And how did you find this address?" Rory questioned as she starts walking back to her room, then turns back and motions him to follow.

Logan follows her as he responds, "Well it's common courtesy."

Rory glares at him as she picks up the teardrop necklace, a gift from grandma Emily.

As she moved her hair aside and unfastened the clip of the necklace she didn't notice that Logan stood behind her.

He slowly took the necklace from her hands, slides her hair to the side, and then gently fastened the necklace around her neck.

Rory smiled at the kind gesture.

"Thank you." Rory said softly.

Logan nodded simply with a soft smile.

"So why exactly are you here?"

"To escort you to dinner. I believe your mom already left minutes ago."

"No she didn't.. Mom? Mom?! Mom!" Rory listened, it was dead quiet.

"Well then... lead the way Huntzberger."

Logan then exited to the front door with Rory trailing behind him.

They get to the limo and they have some polite conversation.

Once they arrive, Logan takes a deep breath before getting and then holding a hand out to Rory.

"Such a gentlemen." Rory said taking his offered hand and exiting the car.

"Only for you." Logan smirked.

Rory rolled her eyes.

They approached the door, a maid greeted them and took their coats.

Logan guided Rory to the living room, where Shira, Mitchum, Honor, Josh, and Elias were seated. He led her to a seat and went to get her and himself a drink.

"You must be family of Richard and Emily Gilmore." Mitchum says making polite conversation.

"Yes, they are my grandparents Mr. Huntzberger." Rory said politely and a society smile plastered on her face.

"Please, call me Mitchum."

Rory nodded, smiling lightly.

"You aren't very talkative." Shira points out sipping her martini.