Part 6

Logan and Rory were quiet the rest of the evening. Although Honor and Josh weren't much of talkers at family dinners either. Lorelai just wanted to leave and wouldn't look at her daughter. The elders just chatted about the D.A.R., work, and other things that didn't interest the younger generations.

"So Rory, when are you available to meet to talk about the wedding?" Shira asked.

Rory was shocked she was called out on, and Logan felt her nervous aura and so did Honor.

"Mom, I think it would be best if we wait until both are out of college, before a wedding." Honor jumps in.

"But, we need to sort out the details.." Shira insists.

"And I'm sure you can, but may I remind you that planning a wedding is stress enough. Put that on top of school and that is too much for one to handle." Honor says.

"I guess... Rory do you know when you'll be graduating?"

"Oh, well I'm working on my Masters degree, so two to three more years."

Shira smiles and nods thinking of plans.

"Masters? Very ambitious I know only very few accomplish that." Elias comments.

"What she tackles, she conquers." Richard says smiling.

Rory had a slight blush as she took a sip of her drink. Logan gave her a side glance, a small smirk visible but he hid it behind the glass of his drink.

"Is that so?" Mitchum hummed.

"Yes, Rory has conquered whatever was thrown at her at Chilton." Emily says.

"Rory, tell them a few stories." Emily pushed.

"Oh, of course grandma. Well at the Franklin, Chilton's newspaper, the editor Paris Geller who is now a friend of mine. Didn't like me walking all over her territory. She wanted to be the valedictorian, but I'm the one who got that award. However, she gave me all the worthless articles, such as the re-pavement of a parking lot. The adviser of the Franklin loved it and requested I get better articles. Paris fumed because of my high praise." Rory started out.

"And that article was beautifully written. It was brought to a whole new meaning." Emily said.

"Do you have all that you have written on record? I'd like to read them myself." Mitchum smiled.

"Oh I have them all in a book, I'll give you a copy if you'd like." Richard suggests.

"That sounds great."

"What other challenges at Chilton did you face?" Honor asked.

"I actually started out a month late, because a spot finally opened up. I had a lot of homework, five book bags full. It was hard to catch up at first, but I did it. I was even on the debate team, with Paris. We won every debate. Paris convinced my to be the Vice President of the school council that way they'd vote for her as President, it was fun except I was black mailed a lot because of that. I ignored it mostly until Paris was glaring daggers at me and kept accusing me of things I didn't do. Even me liking and dating Tristan. He was a complete jerk and would not stop calling me Mary." Rory huffed.

"Tristan? As in Tristan DuGrey?" Mitchum asks.

"Yes, why?" Rory questioned.

"Well, Logan looks like you found your cousin's girl." Mitchum laughed.

Logan was confused then looked at Rory for a second before it clicked.

"Oh... so you're his Mary. The one he wouldn't stop talking about. Oh now this is too funny." Logan laughs.