Part 9

When Rory read those letters she was in shock, she cried. Logan consoled comfort and Rory really appreciated it. She knew that maybe the arrangement might not be so bad. Once she calmed down and asked for coffee, she had one cup when they realized it was getting late and they needed to go to bed.

Their first night there and they didn't know what to do with the sleeping arrangement.

"Um... you take the bed... I'll take the couch..." Rory stumbled out.

"No. You take the bed, I'll take the couch."

Rory shook her head, "No. I'll take the couch."

"Rory, no. You take the bed."

"No, you take the bed!"

The back and forth continued on for hours until they both, somehow in the argument, agreed and shared the bed and fell asleep. It was quarter to midnight after all.

The next morning Rory groaned and felt heat behind her so she rolled over to face it and cuddled closer. Logan was comfortable and was still sleeping however he felt some weight on his chest and with his eyes still closed, he hugged whatever it was closer to him. He then felt something tickle his chin, so he opened his eyes to see what it was, only to see a peacefully sleeping Rory cuddled against him. He smiled, he liked it. He doesn't know why, but he liked waking up with her in his arms.

"Ace." He whispered.

No movement.

"Ace."

No reaction.

"Rory."

"Shut up. Pillows don't talk." Rory mumbled nuzzling her head in the crook of his neck more.

Logan sighed.

He then tried to untangle from her, only to be pulled closer.

"Ace, let me go or no coffee." He smiled moving a piece of hair out of her face.

"Coffee." She muttered to herself like she was thinking.

"Coffee." She said more like a question than a statement.

"Yes, coffee if you let me go."

Her release was quick and replaced with his actual pillow.

He chuckled and made his way to the kitchen.

The coffee smell made its way to Rory and she shuffled to the counter tiredly her head being held up by one hand while the other is extended to try and reach the cup of fresh coffee next to Logan.

Logan pushed the cup to her hand across the counter and she immediately took a sip, hummed then slowly opened her bright blue eyes to look at him.

She took her second and third cup and then spoke, "This is good coffee, not as good as Luke's but still good."

"Well at least my coffee making skills are up to par."

"More than that, and that's the most important thing I look for in a guy. Of course my first boyfriend hated coffee but he thought my addiction was cute, the second guy... I don't know. He preferred beer over anything and tried to restrict my coffee intake."

"Sounds like you didn't have good relationships."

Rory shrugged, "Yeah well, they're still hung up on me actually. Still try to reach out to fix their mistakes to keep me."

"Well now that I'm around and we are practically getting married in what, 2 years?"

"Sounds about right."