Part 13

Logan drove to Leo's, a little Italian restaurant. As he pulled into a parking spot close to the entrance, he took a glance at the girl who sat in his passenger seat.

She was beautiful, he had to admit.

And even if the whole marriage thing worked out, would she be happy?

Logan snapped out of the thoughts when Rory's eyes met his. He smiled before exiting the car and going to her side and opening her door. If he had waited a single second longer he would have caught at small smile and soft giggle that escaped Rory's lips.

She had felt his eyes on her and wondered when he'd wake from is thoughts.

Logan opened her door and held out a hand for her to take.

"You didn't have to do that." Rory said with a teasing glance.

"Well, if I didn't I would get scolded by my mother on how worthless my etiquette lessons were if I didn't put them to good use." Logan shut her door and guided her towards the doors with a hand hovering over her back.

"You took etiquette lessons?" Rory asked, looking at him questionably.

"You didn't?" Logan answered with a question and sending her a smirk as he then moved to open the restaurants door and motioned for her to go in.

"Not necessarily." Rory gave a slight shrug. Logan was about to question further when the hostess interrupted.

"Hello, welcome to Leo's." She greeted with a wide smile.

Rory smiled and greeted kindly. Logan looked at Rory with a curious glance before turning to the hostess.

"We have a reservation under Huntzberger."

The hostess' eyes widened and she scrambled to get menus and the silverware wrapped in a dark green napkin.

"Come right this way Mr. Huntzberger."

Logan nodded and then guided Rory to where they were going to sit.

They were led to a booth in the back, so they could have a private dinner.

The hostess quickly placed down the menus and silverware and told them their waiter will be with them shortly.

Rory had said a quick thank you just as Logan nodded a thank you and smiled at Rory.

"What?" Rory asked innocently while looking at him curiously.

"What?" Logan smirked.

Rory scoffed and shook her head.

Just before Logan could say something, their waiter came up to them and introduced himself as Antonio.

"Can I get you two any drinks?" He asked in a thick Italian accent. He looked at Logan then Rory.

"Lady's first." Logan said with a gesture. He smirked and Rory teasingly glared at him.

Rory turned to Antonio and smiled, "I'll have an ice water with a lemon wedge." Rory then turned back to Logan.

Logan looked at her questionably. Then said, "Make that two."

Their waiter nodded and left.

"No wine?"

"No. But if you want to break out the alcohol, call up the guys I'll get the girls and the Pub awaits in 2 hours." Rory shrugged.

Logan looked at her amazed.

"What?"

"Nothing. You're different."

"Different?!"

"A special different." Logan smiled.

"Like stop eating the paste special?"

"No. Just special."

Rory looked at him like he was suddenly a different person.

In that moment they got their waters. And looked over the the menu.

"How could you think that Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory is a horror movie?!" Rory glared.

Logan was amused and enjoyed getting a rise out of her.

"It's obvious! Wonka is like the new and improved witch from Hanzel and Gretel! Although, male. He tricked the kids and trapped them in his factory and the only way out was to follow him through it! He makes candy out of the kids!"

"That is not the point!"

"It is so the point! The Oompa Loompas are his evil minions and he keeps the factory hot to remind them they are in Hell."

"They are not evil minions! They sing and dance and make it fun and carefree!"

"Because they are slaves and have to do it." Logan says and takes a drink of his water. Rory groans.

"You take fun out of a classic movie."

"Well it isn't for children that's for sure."

Rory scoffed.

"What are you getting?" She asked.

"Their shrimp scampi is good. Their soups and salads are good too."

"Okay I'm going to stop you right there. Know this because it is crucial to know now that we will be stuck together for years. I. Do. Not. Eat. Any. Vegetables. No salads."

Logan raised an eyebrow and then smirked, "Good to know."

They both browse the menu again and when it was time to order.

Rory ordered three appetizers and two entreés. The waiter was about leave when Logan said he hadn't ordered yet.

This almost made the waiter drop his pen and pad as he fumbled an apology.

Logan ordered and sent the waiter off  befuddled.

"Okay how can you eat all that and not be 400 pounds?"

"I'm a medical marvel. But my mom's worse and you have yet to see what a Gilmore movie night is where you are guaranteed a sugar coma."

"Sounds fun."

Her eyes brightened, "Hey, why don't we do one and you can invite your friends. I'll have to meet them eventually. We'll do it Saturday night!"

Logan chuckled and then agreed.

After dinner they got dessert and through out that evening they got to know each other more and more.

They did not end up at the pub but had a quite night in for the rest of the evening.

That is until Rory recieved an urgent call.

::::::::::::
Hey I hope you guys are surviving okay. I'm great. Bored, but great. My motivation in lacking immensely. Also, I just to be clear - and not to be mean or anything - but I am not made of time and magic that can spew words whenever and call it good. I do understand that story updates are wanted a lot. I get it. I do. But can you guys be a little more patient? I have tests coming up next week and in May I have an AP test for World History. I won't promise anything because I know that there is a high chance I'd break it. I love guys, stay safe, stay healthy, stay home.

Happy Quarantine!

"The most wasted of days is one without laughter." ~E. E. Cummings