Part 11

The following months were resulted in a routine as they got to know each other more: The morning ritual:

Logan wakes up to the alarm, turns it off, tries to get up without waking Rory and heads to the kitchen to start the coffee maker. He then heads to the shower as the coffee brews. In the meantime, Rory slowly gets out of bed and follows the sent of coffee. Once she has three to four cups of coffee, Logan is out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around his waist. Rory tries to ignore the fact that he stands literally almost naked in front of her as she then heads to the bathroom for her shower. By the time she gets out, Logan is fully dressed and is making today's breakfast; chocolate chip pancakes, bacon, eggs, sausage, fruit and their preferred beverage: coffee. Black coffee, during the week. While Logan makes breakfast he tries to not watch Rory as she walks around in nothing but a towel looking for her clothing before stepping out of view in the walk in closet. When Rory finishes getting dressed in society casual, she sets the place settings on the table and separates the New York Times newspaper to their preferences; Logan likes to read the sports and weather first, while Rory reads the entertainment and arts first.

Occasionally they would talk about what their schedule was for the day and if Rory was going to be late getting back it would give Logan some guy time, or if Logan would be late getting back Rory would have movie time.

---

Rory was on her way to the coffee cart went her phone went off.

She fumbled with her bag, trying to get to her vibrating phone.

When she finally got a hold of it, she didn't look at the caller ID as she answered the call.

"Hello?"

"Rory, darling! It's Shira Huntzberger, Logan's mom."

Oh crap! Please don't bring up wedding planning. Please, no.

"Oh, hello Shira."

"Now, for why I called. I'm sure by now you have seen the gifts that we gave you two."

*mental sigh of relief* Okay, it was just about that. That's okay. That's perfectly fine.

"Yes, they were lovely. Thank you."

"It was no problem dear. Of course, you will be using them soon."

Spoke too soon.

"Oh?"

"Yes, well, Emily and I have set up a meeting at the end of this week at one for tea at the club. That works for you, does it not?" Shira said in a tone that said, there is no way out of this, you are coming.

"That works for me."

"Wonderful!"

"Shira, I have one question."

"Yes dear?"

"Will Logan be meeting us as well?"

"Oh, well, I thought this could be a meeting for just us girls, but come to think of it there are somethings that the groom's opinion is needed on. I'll give him a call. Have a good day dear."

"To you as well Shira."

When the call ended Rory put her phone back in her bag with a heavy sigh and ordered her usual large black coffee.

---

Logan was in the apartment relaxing on the leather couch while reading the Wall Street Journal, with hard core music playing loudly in the background.

The faint sound of his cell ringing barely hit his hears.

It rang once.

Twice.

Thrice.

Then the landline rang and that was an alarmingly loud ringing. It was slightly washed out by the music, but Logan heard it loud and clear since it was in direct ear shot three feet away. Logan slowly put down the newspaper then went for the remote to turn down the loud volume of his music and picked up the landline in time for the fifth ring. He answered without seeing the caller id of his mother.

"Hello?"

"Honestly, Logan! Is that any way to treat your mother when she calls?! I have tried numerous times calling your cell, and please change your voicemail message. No one needs to know why you may not be answering your phone." Shira said in her perfect Shira way.

"What do I owe the pleasure of your call mother?" Logan asked ignoring his mother's rampage.

"Emily, Rory and I have a wedding meeting at the end of the week at the club at one sharp. You will come, you will behave and you will not argue. As the groom you do have some say in some things and I'm sure you want to be over and done with everything."

"I though we were waiting  a couple years for the wedding?"

"Yes, but planning needs to start and this is a major wedding so it will take an eminence amount of time for planning, for everything to be perfect."

"Of course."

"I will see you Saturday. Have a good day Logan."

Shira abruptly ends the call.

Logan groans as he plops down on the leather couch.

Great, juuust great! Fan-freaking-tastic!

****

So I have been holding this chapter hostage for a while because I thought I could add more to it, but right now I can't think of anything so I might as well give ya'll something to read right?

Thanks 4 reading! :)

Also midterm is tomorrow and major testing in happening in the next couple of weeks and I'm really sorry for not updating but seriously life is getting too stressful, I can't wait for summer! Also sometime in the near future I am going to get my stuff organized and figure out a writing schedule - let's hope that that will help me update more. I'll update as soon as I figure that out.