Ch. 23: Twins Can Relate

Ariana's POV

I have to go home and see my family... I don't want to. It's not that I don't love them... it's just that since I thought they were dead, I learned to be Independent.

I put my key in the door lock and slowly opened the door.

"Hi sweetie" mom said.

"Hey" I said awkwardly.

You probably don't know the feeling of how awkward it is to see someone you haven't seen in 10 years. You can't expect to see everything to just be calm... it's theist awkward thing in the world!

"Can we talk?" I asked.

"Of course. You want to talk to the whole family?"

"Yeah... kinda"

"Okay." She said, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Dad! Lucy! come down!" she shouted.

They came rushing downstairs and they all stared at me. I felt kinda uncomfortable because... why would you want someone to stare at you.

"Ariana wants to talk to is about something" mom said.

we all sat down on the couch and it was a very awkward moment.

"So um... you guys already told me about what happened yesterday... I'm just wondering if you guys respect all my decisions."

"What kind of decisions?"

"Like my love life."

"I just don't want my daughter dating a man that has hurt you in any way." Dad said.

"I don't want you hanging out with friends that go to parties and drink and do all those crazy things"

Oh... well that is exactly what I chose.

"But what if I did date a guy that hurt me before"

"Why would you though?" mom asked.

"I don't know in just asking what's your opinion on it"

"I don't want you near those kind of idiots. You don't know what their gonna do to you"

"Um... why exactly am I here?" Lucy asked.

"You can go, I'll have a sister talk with you later."

"Okay" Lucy said, getting up and walking upstairs.

"But sweetie, we know you'll never date people like that so we have nothing to worry about"

BUT WHAT IF I DO MAKE STUPID DECISIONS!?

"but what if I do?"

"Why do you keep asking that?"

"Because I don't want you to hate me. ever since I thought you guys were gone, I made some very stupid decisions but I asked you this simple question because I want to see if you guys trust me."

"We do trust you"

But I don't trust you.

"Okay, I dated a guy... and his name is,"

I can't do this. They hate Justin! but I'm not even dating him anymore. But then they need to know right? they are my parents.

"Who is it?" dad asked.

"Justin" I said.

"Justin? as in the guy who took us away from you?"

"Yeah"

"Why would you date that guy?"

"We broke up! I'm just saying, I will make decisions like that!"