Ch. 37: I'm Not Giving Up

Ariana's POV

Today... another day of school. Why can't it be Saturday already? I want to just stay in bed forever.

"ARIANA! COME DOWN AND EAT BREAKFAST!" mom shouted.

"NOT HUNGRY!" I shouted back.

I got ready for school and ran downstairs.

"Are you sure you're not hungry?" mom asked.

"Positive."

"Alright. Have fun at school"

"Doubt it" I mumbled.

"What's wrong?"

"Nothing"

"Be safe"

"Okay. Bye"

"Bye."

I walked to school by myself... Like everyday before I knew anyone. I don't want to take the bus because Chaz goes on it every morning. If it was raining right now, I'd still walk alone.

The only thing that's still here, is my family. I swear, if they left, I would feel less miserable. Just because I know how to handle myself alone.

Maybe if only Lucy stayed, then I'll be all good. But mom and dad, I don't even know anymore.

"Okay! bye mom!" I heard Karson shout. she ran to the sidewalk and stopped in front of me.. I guess I'm blocking her way.

"Sorry" I said stepping back.

She rolled her eyes and walked ahead of me.

Okay then...

She was walking a bit slow because her eyes are at her phone screen.

I walked on the grass beside the sidewalk and passed her.

I kinda bumped her arm a bit and her phone fell.

"Oh my god watch where you're going!" she spat.

"Sorry. I'll pay for it."

"No need. You don't even have the money to pay for it" she spat.

"Why are you still mad at me?"

"Because."

"Because?"

"Because... if I'm gonna be your best friend, I expect you to be there for me. But then when Justin's there, you say you don't want to go. I know that was Justin's issue and not mine, but it just proves to me that whenever Justin's around, you can't say yes and that gets between us. You and Justin are complicated as fuck. I'm not gonna forgive you until you and Justin sort your bullshit up."

"I don't even know if he wants to talk to me anymore."

"You wouldn't know if you don't talk to him! go run to school and talk. Use your mouth because you have one"

"Okay..."

"You're scared aren't you?"

"Kinda..."

"Don't be. It's gonna be easier than you think!"

"Thanks?"

"Go" she rushed me.

I ran ahead and was at the school minutes later.

I walked through the school doors and started looking for Justin... shit... he's right there.

Um...

I walked towards him awkwardly.

"Um... hey" I said shyly.