Ch. 50: She Doesn't Know Her Limits

Justin's POV

Well, we're all back at moms place. It's 4 AM and I heard a little crash outside.

I get up and walk to the living room. I see a light coming from the kitchen so I walk in.

Mom had a knife in her hand.

"MOM! STOP! PLEASE DONT!" I shouted.

That wasn't a smart move.

I approached her slowly.

She put the knife against her neck.

"Put down the knife." I said calmly.

She was crying, so much.

"Mommy!" Jazmyn and Jaxon yelled.

"Shh" I shushed them. "Go back to bed"

Damn, isn't it really hard for little kids to see their mom like this? it's gonna scar them so bad.

"But mommy!" Jazmyn said.

"It's okay. It's okay. Go back to bed. I'll be there in a bit"

"Okay"

They walked back.

"Justin, stop" mom stuttered.

"No! mom, you stop"

She pushed the knife harder against her neck.

"Don't try to stop me" she murmured.

"M-mom. P-please" I said weakly.

She shook her head, walking back slowly.

"Why would you do this at 4AM!"

"Because I didn't think you would wake up!"

"Mom, please. I'm begging you, please stop."

"Why won't you just let me do this?" she said in a shaky voice.

"Because I need you"

"You never needed me. You have dad. No one needs me. They leave me all the time. Everything is hard enough. 3 kids. A house. Little money. No effort."

"We all need you. Please stop."

"No. you go back to bed. I don't want you to see this."

"If you do this, how am I gonna tell Jazzy and Jaxon? their not even 10, they're not gonna understand what's going on and they're gonna just cry and I can't handle all this pressure. Please. For us?"

"You should be able to handle all of this because you are 16 now."

"No I don't! I'm not mature! I still fight at school! I cuss about stupid things and I never, learn, to, forgive." I said slowly towards the end.

"So you do realize?"

"Y-yeah."

"Justin, everybody makes mistakes. But everybody doesn't realize it. Part- most of the reason why I'm doing this, is because of Jeremy. What he did, hurt me so bad. I still cry at night. I feel so much pain and this is what happens when a man doesn't treat a lady right."

"So this is all dads fault?"

"Mainly. But, what I'm trying to say is, even if I don't like Ariana the best... treat her right. Don't make her upset, if you do, cheer her up. Just make her happy because thinking suicidal, is the worse feeling."

"So you're gonna stop?"

"Maybe"

"Can that 'maybe' be a yes?" I said putting my hand out.