Chapter Thirty

Traffic wound it's way down the road like a great angry snake, tires hissing over the wet road.

Rakesh drove through the list of places it could be in his mind, checking off the ones he had already searched. His eyes skimming here and there. The icy grey sky restlessly grumbled. The thick blackened clouds were dragged down by the heavy rain which it held in its delicate frame. The clouds which struggled to withstand the burden of the weight which the rain held, soon gave in. The rain poured down over the city with a roar.

His leg press the break near the beach when his eyes caught a side a man . Rakesh rush toward the man as he  recognise who it can be.

The rain didn't seems to have mercy on them. His steps slowed when he was few step distance from him. His heart ache seeing his brother in such a broken stage. He didn't seems to notice his presence as he was so lost. Lost in thought,in his own world, the world of loneliness.

" prabhas" rakesh called out but getting no response from his side. He was dead and souless. shattered really, his heart, poorly stapled shut, was beating hard but without purpose, his mind was like a lost man at sea, desperate and starving for something.

It's like rakesh's worst nightmare comes true . Last time he saw him like that when the day sweety left him without inform him. Nearly four years.

" prabhas " rakesh slowly kneel down beside him. He place his hand on his shoulder softly. Prabhas slowly  diverted his eyes look at his shoulder where rakesh place his hand. His eyes look swollen and puffy indicates he was crying badly.

His face didn't hold any emotion . It's was expressionless. He look at rakesh for a while before turn back to his previous position.

" let's go home. Come" he tried to drag him but faild miserably as prabhas don't even move an inch.

" prabhas. We can't change anything. I know this coming. But before i stop... Stop you everything went wrong. " rakesh said as his voice resemble his worries.

" Please come with me. Aunty is so worried about you. Please come home. You know about her health right. " rakesh attempt to make him stand up but nothing works.

Rakesh hold his head in his hand while helpless noises left his mouth. He lift his head when he heard his voice.

" everything done " was the only word left from prabhas's mouth.

Rakesh went to his side and make prabhas look at him.

" Nothing done prabhas. You still have life to go on. Failure is just a part of life " he said tried his best to console him.

" She is my life. Now she left. Now nothing left for me to be alive" prabhas said as tears streaming down his cheeks, falling to the ground along with the raindrops. 

" don't talk like that! You have me
Uncle aunty. We all always love you " he said holding his hand assure he was there.

" i broke her completely. I spoil everything. Our friendship my love her trust ....everything " prabhas burried his face in his palm and sob heard.

Rakesh was helpless as he don't know how to console him.

" I now know how selfish I've been " he let out a cry and cry harder than he have ever imagined .

" when she was in love i never value her. Her friendship nor her love. Now i know how it's feels to be heartbroken. I had gave this unbearable pain to her in the past." rakesh just hugged him tight to comfort him.