Chapter Thirty-Nine

⚠ A long chapter ahead

This whole chapter about Rahul. This will help you to understand the character more.

Warning ⚠ this content have some inappropriate Language, Violence, abuse

Rahul drives his car and park near an old house where his bodyguards along with an old woman standing there with a baby in her hand. The old house seemed to have collapsed inwardly on itself somewhat, like a loaf of bread taken out of the oven too soon. The roof sagged and the cedar shingles stuck up in places like wonky teeth. The windows had no glass in them now and they seemed not to be quite rectangular anymore. Rahul gets off the car and walks towards the old woman who looks so fragile.

" Sir we just found her standing in the street alone with her face filled with blood. we suspect she might be a victim. We told her that we can help her if she tells us what happens. It turns out our prediction is right. her son is a drug addict. he seems to hit her every time after having drugs. He killed his own wife and now he even tries to kill this lady and his newborn. Without any option, she hit his head with a steel rod and he died on the spot. she took the newborn and run from the house. " One of his bodyguards told him. Rahul slowly turns towards her.

" Ma, You don't have to worry about anything. You are safe. we will help you to get out of this problem and provide you food and place to live" He said as the old woman lift her eyes to look at him with gratitude.

" Thanks a lot, child. I don't care about myself. I want to protect him. " She said. her statement made his heart pounding in his chest.

" I will protect you forever baby"

his eyes welled up. Reality hits him as he brushes off those tears.

" Take them to our home in Chennai, Deal this issue. I don't want them to involve in this case" he gives them instruction as they drove off from there. he gets inside the car drive his car towards a river which he found in Chennai when he arrived there. Rivers always give him peace. the flow of the water makes him calm. His mind recalls the statement the old lady said to him. that statement brings back a lot of old memories. Good and bad.
-

---------------*----*-------------------

2000 when Rahul was 9 Years old

Lonely, starved of warmth, the little boy stared into the crystal river water. His face was drowning in sorrow yet a spark of strength within let him stay strong that moment longer. Then the waterfalls emerged from his eyes along with cries and sobs. What had he done to deserve this cruel treatment from his own father? an abusive father and frightened of nature and society without any friends, he had no one, except his Mother. he closed his eyes let his mind focus on the image of the angel of his life. His mother 'Ishana Malhotra'. The only person in the whole world who loves him wholeheartedly.

There is so much to admire about her. She is a beautiful woman. Five-foot six, with flawlessly beautiful features. It was her inner beauty that lit her eyes and softened her features. When she smiled and laughed Rahul feel like all his sorrow flies away. But it's been a while since he saw her smile wholeheartedly. She always hides her pain in her and plastered a fake smile in front of him. Her wavy jet black hair reaches till her waist always done in a beautiful loose braid. Black braids fall about her face creating soft shadows under her cheekbones make her face more magical. Those brown eyes are a million hues.