Chapter Forty

IF YOU LOST THE TRACK WITH THIS STORY, PLEASE CHECK CHAPTER THIRTY- EIGHT ONCE AGAIN. LAST CHAPTER IS JUST ABOUT THE CHARACTER CALLED RAHUL. 

She looks around as she felt something move behind her. her heart starts to beat rapidly. her palms were sweaty and the adrenaline coursing through her system was shutting down her ability to think logically.

"Wh... who is the... there?" her voice cracked. 

She steps forward towards the window where it was open and the night's cool breeze hit her face giving chilling goosebumps to her. She jumps off her feet almost loses her balance when she heard someone from behind shout near her ear. What followed next was an unstoppable laugh from a feminine voice. Sweety's face stern look at the person who almost gives her a panic attack.

" Not so funny Kavitha," Sweety said holding her chest like she was about to get a heart attack. Kavitha still laughing so hard, It was a laughter that she could feel in her lungs, so hard that it took her breath away. The lack of oxygen didn't matter for her.

" You should have look at your face by that time. "she laughed till their ribs hurt.

" Okay calm down, here drink this water" Sweety passes her a glass of water as she knows it's hard for Kavitha to stop laughing once she starts. She took her time to stop her laughter.

" So to be bride, are you excited to enter the new phase of life? I know you are but this is your last night in Chennai. After this who knows if you come back or not" Kavitha sighed dramatically.

" Then you will forget me, of course, you won't have time for all that as your would-be husband will carry you wherever he goes not letting your foot touch the floor. " She teases her, expects her to slap her arm playfully but Sweety didn't say anything instead keep a blank face. Kavitha sense something so odd about her.

" Are you alright? " Kavitha looked worried.

" What for me? I.. I am good "Sweety replied which sounds nothing good to Kavitha.

" You don't seem like one! Tell me what's bothering you" Kavitha walk over and stood opposite to Sweety facing her. The sparkles of days before was extinguished on her face. It looks so pale like a sick person. Sweety's eyes moved slower and always more down-cast, skimming the floor, rarely rising to Kavitha's eye level. It was in her voice too, quieter, with a meekness that wasn't usually part of her speech pattern. She was unhappy in a way she hadn't seen before, like a small slice of bereavement.

Kavitha holds her chin and lifts it slowly. Sweety slowly lifts her eyes to make contact with Kavitha. She was taken aback look at those eyes which beam with tears. Sweety couldn't able to compose herself, buried herself in her friend's arm.

Her eyes drip with tears. The walls, the walls that hold her up, make her look strong just collapse. Moment by moment, they fall. Salty drops fall from her chin, wetting Kavitha's shirt. Kavitha slowly patting and rubbing her back trying to comfort her. 

__________________^8^_____________________

The silence was poison to them. Sweety narrated everything that happens in past days. The silence was eerily unnatural. Both of them sitting at the corner of bed at each side while facing each other but still keep their head down.

" So many things happen during this period and I am not aware of it, it seems," Kavitha spokes broke the silences.

" You people remember your friend only when you are in need them right?" She asked looked pained.