chapter Thirty-Four

' 4.06 A.M '

No one in the corridor except Sweety and Rakesh. they both were sitting there quietly for a long time. the surrounding seems to be silent but in their heart, it's storming.

there was a swirl of emotions
she was called everything in the book of the wrong
she was too scared to look at herself in the window which reflects her face because she didn't want to see the face cause him to suffer.

The door of the ICU ward swings open. The doctor walked out with a face like a brick. Every action he took was precise and purposeful. he smiled in the cold and distant way professionals do. No one can never relax around such expressions.

Both Rakesh and sweety get up from the bench and rush towards him.

" how is Prabhas doctor? is he alright?" Rakesh asked. The doctor gives instruction to the nurses before giving his full attention to the worried man in front of him.

" You are ?" he asked.

"I am his brother doctor tell me please! is he okay?" I asked impatiently.

" Nothing to worry young man! Fortunately, he is safe. Thankfully you bought him 15 minutes before it's too last. he had a huge blood loss. But thankfully we had his blood group. " he said to make them feel like a big burden lift off their heart. Sweety smiles in tears.

" but he had a minor neck fracture. his nose was broken. it will take time for a cure. his left hand was broken too but nothing to worry it will be okay in 2 or 3 months. His face was shallow. thanks to the airbags in the car. those safe him. if no airbag then it might be a big challenge for us to save him.thankfully his leg was not so injured but it's too weak to walk. he needs proper rest. " he said. The tension that had kept them up for hours melted.

" When can we see him, doctor?" Rakesh asked.

"he will gain conscious in 3 or 4 hours. The nurse will inform you after he did. he will be shifted to a normal ward. But even after he gains conscious, he has to stay in the hospital for another 9 to 10 days. Take care of him. his body is so fragile right now. if can, anyone of you stays with him in the hospital till he gets a discharge. " he slowly disappeared in his room.

" Thank you, god" Rakesh holds his nape with both hands while holding his head high, looking at the ceiling. he so relieved, he feels like a bouncing ball. he looks at sweety who looks sad and nervous. 

" what happen sweety? are you not happy?" he asked to make her look at him.

" no no I am so happy!" she forces a smile.

" Then why you look sad? anything bothering you?" he asked to stand a few feet away from her.

 "I don't know Rakesh! I can't face him" she said which make him more curious.

" Why? I already clarify things to you! ain't I? You still hate him?" he asked.

" not about that. I never hate him! Even when he broke my heart four years ago I never hate him. I...I can't hate him. I don't know why! He throws a lot of harsh word towards me but I can't deny the fact he is the best friend that anyone could ever get. When he proposed to me I did the same thing to me without thinking he might feel the same way I felt. I don't know why I behave like that. maybe the pain makes me harsh towards me. Life teaches me a lot of things Rakesh. I used to be so playful and a carefree person. My behaviour nor my size never bothered me once. Many used to call me with many nasty words. that never bothered me. I know I am fat I am not worried about that as long I can live happily. but when Prabhas did the same it hurts. I was ashamed of myself. " she said as a tear left her eyes.