meeting the fiancés-part 2

"Y-you!!"

"Me!!", Rose said in a mocking tone.

"Do you know each other?" Candy asked, by now the little group that was with the blond boy earlier have gatered around them, looking curiously what was happening. This group, the twins noted, were no others than the capture targets and their respective love rivals.

"Well, we meet one time" Rose said playing with her hair, twirling it around her fingers, now she knew why the boy looked so familiar.

Rising one eyebrow, Candy asked
"When?"

"W-well, you remember last week when I sneaked out of the house?", Rose asked giving a nervous smile at Candy's suspicious look." Listen, it was like this-

Flashback

Rose was bored, staying all day in the house, with only her studies and library could be pretty boring. She was so bored she could die because of it.

Then she suddenly got an idea, she ran towards the garden where Candy was reading while having tea.

"Candy!!" Rose yelled, startling her," lets sneak out to the city!!"

"W-what?! My god Rose, what are you thinking? When mom finds you, because she will, you'll be in big trouble!"

"So?, Candy come on, I'm so bored, there is nothing to do and I want to explore the city"

"..... I'm not going, sorry sis but better safe than sorry", Candy said before returning her attention to her book.

"Fine I will go by myself, but not a word of where I am, understood?"

Candy made a sipping signal with her hand to her mouth,"understood!" She said.

Rose gave a sigh and decided to escape through the back door, it was the door the servants used to go to town and buy supplies or ingredients. She changed her dress into a commoners one, and ran towards the door, waiting around the corner for the next servant to go out, she took advantage of the left open door and went outside.

Rose explored the city for sometime, looking at the different stores and buying some food and other things, she was looking at pretty jewelry store when someone bumped with her and keep running, noticing something strange Rose put her hands in her dress pocket to find one of the little bags where she keep her money missing.

"Shit!!" She cursed before running in the same direction the figure disappeared, five minutes later, she saw the little boy take a shortcut through an alleyway and enter a house.

He didn't notice Rose following him until he was about to close the door, but it was pushed open by her.

"So this is your house, you little thief!" Rose said dramatically, enjoying the look of terror that passed through the boy's face until he calmed himself down.

"What do you want?!" He asked, Rose didn't answer, too busy looking around the house or should she said room, the room was dark and a bit messy, in the corner there was one bed and in the bed was a woman, she looked sick, her cheeks flushed, it was obvious that she has a fever. The boy noticed her line of sight and blocked it, wanting to protect his mother, "I will not give this back!, this is to save my mother!, this-"

"I don't want it back" Rose said calmly, still looking at the woman in the bed.

"Is-, w- what?" The boy asked, confused.

"I don't want it back, you can keep it, I still have enough to last me a day" Rose didn't really want the money back, she just wanted to have fun and scare the boy a little, and after she saw the woman she was remembered of something, her mother. How was she? Did she took her death well? Did she cry? Obviously she cried, Rose was her baby girl, her youngest one.

Rose and Candy were sisters, that's true, but they both have different mothers, Rose loved her mother the most, she was the only parent she has growing up, then when she turned 15 her father came to take her and her big brother away, to another country and family.

Rose shaked her head to get rid of those thoughts, now was not the time.

She looked at the boy and asked
"What's your name?", she gave him a soft smile to reassure him she mean no harm.

".....Ian" was his reluctant answer.

"Nice to meet you Ian, my name is Rose marie campbell, you can call me Rose or marie, now I will take my leave until we meet again", she smiled and waved good bye to him.

Rose returned to wandering around the town, while walking she found a old woman selling things in a little corner of the streets, she wanted to have a closer look, so she went closer, while looking, the little pendant around her neck came outside her clothes, the woman saw the pendant, ' that's made of gold, and those crystals, they are magic ones, I most have it', she thought, greed clouding her thoughts, she didn't stop to think how a little commoner child could have a pendant like this.

"YOU!! LITTLE THIEF!! RETURN THAT AT THIS MOMENT!!" The woman yelled grabbing the attention of the people around, they looked at the little girl with pity, 'sigh*another victim' they thought.

Rose looked at the woman in annoyance, this pendant was gift from her sweet Candy, how could she!.

'Im not sweet!! You idiot!' Candy yelled through their mental link.

'Aw, ken don't yell, you are going to give me a headache' Rose yelled back.

At this time, two guards that normally took care of the security of the campbell house came running to see what the disturbance was about, Rose that was still arguing with Candy mentally didn't notice until one of the yelled,
"Young miss Rose! We finally found you! Come with us, your mother the duchess campbell send us to look for you!" He tried to take a hold of her arm, but Rose dodge and started running, grinning she looked back and yelled,

"Catch me if you can~"
The old greedy woman long forgotten.

While running, she keep glancing behind her, so much that she didn't notice the boy that was in front of her until she crashed with him, both falling to the ground in their behinds.

"You!, watch where you are going!!"
The blond boy yelled at soon as he stood up from the ground, two guards behind him moved as if they were going to grab Rose who was still in the ground, but the boy made a signal with his hands telling them to stop.

"How rude!, you should look where you are going too! Idiot!" Rose said as she stood up at last.

They glared at each other, sparks crashing between them, 'it was hate at first sight'.

"You should learn some manners, how can a lady run around like that", The boy said, giving her a mocking smile when he saw her angered face.

Then Rose smiled with light recognition in her blue eyes and said,
"Well, lets see if you say the same when you become my brother in law"
Then she took running leaving behind a very confused boy.

But just as she rounded the corner she was catched by a guard, she struggled a little trying to escape but it was futile so she gave up. When they reached home her mother was waiting for them at the door her face expressionless but her eyes filled with worry, when she saw them she let a quiet sigh of relief , then she looked at Rose straight to the eyes and said,

"Explain"

End of flashback

A.N

Hii~
Your beautiful author here~
Just wanted to tell you that this flashback was based in the adventures your autor-sama has when she was a chibi~
I was a little demon with an angel facade~ hehe~