A feeling part 2

Candy gazed at Leo, after remembering how she truly met him for the first time, who would have thought that this previously annoying boy would follow her here. She felt a little confused and worried, why did he follow her?, did he suffer an accident?, did he died just like her and Rose?, why didn't he remember her if that was the case?.

So many questions and no answer,
'Maa ken, relax would ya, what happened can't be changed, the important thing is that you're now together.'
Rose said through their telepathy, she was so worried that she wasn't aware of their shared mental link opening or that her sister was listening to her thoughts.
'You!! Stop. Listening. To. My. PRIVATE. Thoughts'.

'Aww, but you were the one that talked to me, and even if I wanted ignore them I couldn't because if I didn't do anything your powers were going out of control, I'm pretty sure that you nearly forced a mental link with pretty boy over there out of worry'.

That's when Candy looked up her eyes widened in shock as she saw the prince in her arms, frowning with a hand on his temple and sweat going down his forehead.
"Leo!! Are you alright?! I'm so sorry, I should have paid attention to my magic, I didn't know I was hurting you, I-", she started babbling anxiously, trying to help him up and to a seating position on the couch.

Leo coughed to regain his breath, then he looked at Candy a little surprised at her lose of composure before interrupting her, "it's okay, breath, I'm alright, see," he took her small, trembling hands into his slightly bigger ones holding them against his cheek. Candy stared, breathing in and shivering slightly, she let the air slowly leave her lungs, her light blue eyes watered and she couldn't hold herself back from crying again.

Leo panicked before taking her in a big protective hug, trying to appease her with words of comfort repeating them over and over again.

After finally calming down once again, Candy used the sleeves of her dress to dry the tears still falling down her cheeks. She took yet another deep breath and smiled at Leo.

"Thank you again, I apologize for my lost of composure. I'm really sorry Leo..... I......"
She was interrupted by Leo placing his index finger against her lips, he smiled at her and pulled her into his embrace, laughing a little as he noticed her face heating up until even her ears were red.

Candy glared at him, but her eyes soon softened and she ended up laughing along with him. They spend the rest of the afternoon together until it was time for Leo to leave.

Candy walked into her room that night and found Rose sitting on her bed, her eyes were closed, head leaning back and facing the ceiling a little smile on her delicate lips. She raised an eyebrow walking in and sitting in the same position as her, Candy sighed happily and thought to her sister,
'You knew right?', this wasn't a question even if it was phrased like one, Candy was sure of this.

' Of course~ I have noticed long ago!!', Rose replied with a mockingly smug tone.

'If you knew, why didn't you tell me?', Candy asked with a slight frown between her thin eyebrows.

"Now where's the fun in that~", Rose said with a teasing smile giving Candy a sideway glance, Candy glared at her and she sighed,
"What would you have done if I told you what I thought? Would you have been happy? Overjoyed that the boy you liked in your past life followed you over to the next after your death? Would you be happy knowing that he, too, died young and without experiencing life just to follow you?", Rose stopped there looking at the tears that had gathered in her sister's eyes,

"No", Candy's answer was immediate, she paused with a thoughtful frown on her face, Rose was trying to protect her, that she could understand, but what about herself? What was she feeling? The bitterness in her voice was difficult to ignore even when she tried to hide it.
"You don't believe 'he' came along, do you?", she said softly and bluntly.