[ 05 ]→Grounded

At the gym...

Kirishima's POV

Me and Midoriya walk into the gym together. The gym is very hectic, fill with noises of students talking, questioning each other the reason they are summonned here on short notice.

Thanks goodness this gym has electric. Maybe they use generator.

"Ah, it is so crowded here." Midoriya says in discomfort. I then hold her hand gently, pulling her away from the crowds. Midoriya smiles at me kindly and mouths a 'thank you' to me.

Dang, how I love her beautiful smile.

As we are walking in the crowds looking for our fellow classmates, my eyes catch Shoji's big figure. "They are there!" I turn to look at Midoriya, telling her the happy news. I then jog toward our classmates in eager while pulling Midoriya with me, happy to see them again.

"Hey guys!" I greet them happily. At last, after being trapped inside the elevator, we finally reunite with our classmates. "Yo, Kirishima! Midoriya! Thanks goodness you both are fine!" Kaminari and the others approach us with big smile on their face. "Hm? My,my~ What do we have here?~" Ashido grins at me mischievously, earning a confused look from me. Her eyes are locked on my hands so I turn to look toward the direction.

Red shades tints on my face when I realize I'm still holding Midoriya's hand! The others grin at us too, some of them start wolf-whistling and cat-callibg. Midoriya looks like she is searching for something so she doesn't realize all the stares and grins we receive.

"Midoriya." Todoroki suddenly calls Midoriya while waving at us. Midoriya smiles widely in excitement. She quickly lets my hand go, jogging toward Todoroki's direction. "Todoroki-kun!" She says his name half-scream. I stare at her figure walking toward him in sadness. I feel a bit offended and upset with her action just now.

I'm so jealous of Todoroki. I know this doesn't sound manly but I can't help myself.

Todoroki and Midoriya are so closed and from how Todoroki acts toward her, I bet he likes Midoriya too.

I wonder if I have a chance to win her heart...

I only stare at the my love interest and my love rival.

My smile dies and is replaced with sad, hurtful expression

My smile dies and is replaced with sad, hurtful expression. Someone suddenly elbows my waists. "Don't worry, Kirishima. I believe you can win her heart~" Ashido squeals, grinning confidently at me while giving a thumb up to me.

How can she read my mind?!

I give Ashido a small smile, not really into her joke. "Ehem. Everyone please settle down. Principal is going to give a speech now." Vlad-sensei suddenly speaks up using the microphone. Everyone automatically becomes silent.

As expected from the power of microphone.

"Hey everyone! It's me, the small cute principal you all love so much!" Principal Nezu finally begins the assembly. "I know everyone is confused about why you all are here today. I'm sorry for the urgent summon but this is an emergency." His words really hit everyone with worry, including me.