[ 37 ]→Fragment of The Past (02)

In the future,
7 years ago,
After the rescue,
Police Station,
Interrogation room..

Third Person's POV

After all member of League of Villains were caught, they all were taken to Tartarus,prison for dangerous criminals. Tsukimi was sitting on a white chair, her body wrapped with a small blanket to give her warmth after being trapped in the cold basement for so long. Izuku even asked the police officers to make a cup of hot chocolate for her.

Tsukimi blew up the drink to cool off the hot chocolate while carefully held it so she wouldn't decay it. She took a few sips, enjoying the sweetness and warmth from the beverage. Izuku, Eijiro and Katsuki, the three pro heroes only watched her in silent. "This brat didn't seem harmful at all. You're wrong, Weird Hair." Katsuki snarled at his best friend who was already married to his childhood friend. "I know, but... Something about her just ticked me off..." Eijiro said, scratching his head. Izuku only smiled and held his hand gently. "Leave the rest of it to me. I will handle her myself. You both can have a break first." She offered, kindly smiled at the two men.

"But Izuku..." Eijiro looked at his wife unsure. He was about to speak up again when all of sudden, Katsuki pulled his hair and dragged him out of the room, leaving the two ladies alone. The Number One Hero heaved a sigh of relief, turning her body facing the little girl now. She was watching all the time and only remained silent. Izuku walked closer toward her, squatting in front of the female bluette.

"Hello, little one." Izuku began the conversation. Tsukimi just stared her emotionlessly, feeling a bit awkward with this green haired-woman's gentle action. For her whole life, no one had treated her nicely except for her late mother. It was very unusual and strange to see someone beside her mother to talk nicely to her so she didn't know what to answer.

"....." No reply at all from Tsukimi yet Izuku didn't give up. She knew it was hard for a girl who had been isolated from outside world and society to communicate, especially the one who were abused.

"May I ask, what is your name, little girl?" Izuku asked softly to assure Tsukimi she wasn't an enemy or someone who would hurt her. Tsukimi opened her mouth a few times but no word or voice came out. "No need to worry, I won't hurt you." Izuku said and ruffled her hair.

Tsukimi's red irises widened a little big before looking down at her fiddling finger. "Tsukimi..." She murmured. Izuku hummed confusedly, signifying her to speak louder. "Tsukimi... Shimura..." Tsukimi spoke up louder this time and her answer, surprised Izuku. The adult woman immediately stood up and her wide eyes locked on the little 12 years old girl figure. "Tsukimi... Shimura...? You're... Tomura Shigaraki's...!" She gasped in realization but Tsukimi remained emotionless, knowing the truth she hated about herself.

"Wait a minute. I need to talk to someone." Izuku stated in calmness and excused herself to leave the room. Tsukimi watched her figure leaving the interrogation room. 'Looks like they want to get rid of me... I deserve that after all. My existence is just a waste of time...' She thought to herself.

~~~

Outside the interrogation room...

"Izuku, are you crazy?! What if she hurts our daughter?!" Eijiro whispered yell at his love of life after she told him her desire. "But Eijiro, she is my relative. My family. I have to protect her!" Izuku fought back, defending her opinion.

"Izuku, I knew she is your family but to adopt her as our daughter... I don't know if I can trust her... She is Shigaraki's daughter after all. I don't want our baby girl to get hurt." Eijiro confessed his worry. Izuku shook her head, denying his statement. "Trust me, Eijiro. She won't hurt Akimi or us. She was a victim, not a villain. So please..." Izuku pleaded in sadness. She couldn't let the girl go or entrusted her to the government. She wanted to save her. Tsukimi was the daughter of her cousin; Tomura Shigaraki so that made Tsukimi her family too.