[ 16 ]→The Descendant of Hero

Current time,

Third day of Akimi's arrival,
Class 1-A Dorm,
Common area...

Midoriya's POV

The phone in my pocket suddenly buzzes noisily, telling me to immediately answer the call. I shove my hand into my pocket and take the gadget out. "I'm sorry Akimi-chan but I need to excuse myself for a bit." I tell the clingy girl next to me along with a small smile. Akimi-chan seems very upset but still nods her head, allowing me to go off somewhere else for a bit to talk to my mother.

As I walk away from Akimi-chan, my slender finger taps on the green button and then move the phone closer to my ear. "Hello, Mom?" I greet her first. "O-Oh, hello, Izuku... How are you doing, sweetie?" Mom speaks up but her voice sounds a bit croaky and weak, compares to her usual happy tone.

"I'm doing just fine but Mom... Are you okay? I'm sorry I can't be there for you..." I say, feeling guilty. "Oh no, Izu. It wasn't your fault... It's just... I suddenly have a dream about my mom... My birth mom... And I can't shake this feeling that you are in danger...' Mom's answer makes my eyes go wide open when she mentions about her mother; My grandma that I have never met even once.

Mom is the adopted daughter of my late dad's family. Dad... Passed away when I was still six... It was a difficult time for me and Mom.

Mom hadn't never mentioned about her birth family before so it really ticked me off. I feel like I'm going to discover something important about myself.

Mom just remains silent before I hear a soft sigh on the phone. "Izu, I know I can't keep this secret any longer... I guess you are curious about my background..." Mom says, obviously hesitates to continue. I swallow my saliva in nervousness. "Well yeah... I'm honestly want to know about you more, Mom... But it's alright if you don't want to tell me–"

"No, you need to now about this. This has something to do with your dream to be a hero, the reason why I'm so reluctant to let you become one..." Mom's voice becomes croaked again at this point.

"Izuku, the truth is... My mother; your grandma is a hero... A great hero. But after my father died, killed by a villain, your grandma gave me and my brother to foster family... But to different family for both of us which mean we bith git seperated... Ever since then, I hadn't seen my brother and mother anymore. But a few years later I heard a rumor about my mother... T-That she died... I-I was very scared... I was very scared that same thing will happen to you, Izuku..." Mom sobs softly, panging my heart with guilt.

Somehow, this story sounds familiar. Where did I hear it? And I got a bad feeling about this...

"Who is... My grandma actually?" I ask her, gritting my teeth worriedly. "Her name is Nana... Nana Shimura. In other words, my maiden's name is Inko Shimura..." Mom's reply makes my legs become weak all of sudden. I immediately lean my back against the concrete wall to suporrt myself. "Why... Why are you telling me everything now...?" I mutter in shock, still processing her story in my mind.

"I-I don't know. I feel like I shouldn't keep it secret from you forever... My heart keeps reminding me to tell you about this... I'm sorry I have never talk about it before... But I hope you'll feel at ease after hearing this, Izuku..." Mom utters in sadness. I shake my head, disagree with her statement.

"No, Mom. Thanks for being honest about this. I really appreciate it. But I need to go now.... I have some important business to do..." I say quietly, eyes looking at my classmates. "O-Okay... Just please... Stay safe, Izuku..." Mom ends the conversation.