Part 15

Maggie

"I think I'll go on to bed now." I'm tired, and can't wait to fall asleep.

"Yeah, I'm not in the party mood either."

He followed me upstairs and said goodnight, before going into his room and shutting the door. He seems a bit nicer today, than our prior meetings.

I took a shower then got ready for bed. I was in between awake and asleep, and it felt so nice, until I heard the thumping, banging, and moans coming from Victoria's bedroom next door. She has got to be kidding me.

I tried holding my ears, then humming, but they were ridiculously loud.

"Fuck it."

I snuck through my room and shut my door behind me. I'll just sleep with Greer tonight.

I stepped on something sharp, then tripped over something else and fell flat on my face. I cursed at the pain that shot up my leg.

"Dammit!"

Greer's bedroom door flew open, and I saw a large figure in the doorway.

"Maggie?" I heard Asher whisper.

"Yes, dammit."

"What are you doing?"

"I can't sleep in my room right now, so I was going to sleep with Greer, but I stepped on something sharp, then tripped over one of her toys."

I pushed myself up off the floor.

"Are you okay?"

"I twisted my ankle, but I'm fine."

"Why can't you sleep in your room?"

I paused.

"Umm..it's not good in there right now."

"What do you mean?"

I walked toward my room. "Think it's over now."

He followed me. "Did you hear something outside?"

"No"

"Something inside? You can't be too careful, Maggie. You have to tell us if you hear strange noises."

I giggled.

"Dammit, what?" He asked.

I pointed toward my wall. "It's all the fucking," I whispered.

He laughed. "What?"

"You heard me."

"I hear nothing. Are you sure you weren't just dreaming?" He laughed even harder.

I slapped his arm.

"No, I wasn't dreaming!" I know I'm blushing.

"Well, the big guy is probably done for the night. I think you're safe." He walked away laughing and shaking his head, then all the sudden there is a thump and another one. He pauses and looks at me with a grin.

"Maybe not." He laughs.

"Stay out of my ass, Dario!"

We both busted out laughing. "No fucking way." Asher bent over laughing.

I limped over and shut Greer's door. "They need to take it to Dario's room tomorrow."

"That's not for licking! Exit only asshole!"

"Oh shit!" Asher laughs so hard, he's not breathing.

"I..I'm sorry. I have to get out of here." I said, as I limped away.

"You're hurt." He walked up to me and picked me up. "Let's put some ice on it." He carried me out bridal style, but not before one last laugh.

Dario yelped. "See! You didn't like it either now, did you big guy?"

Asher almost dropped me. "I just can't." He had tears pouring from his eyes as he laughed.

"Shh, just ignore it." I said.

"I can't." He started walking while he laughed.

We finally made it to the stairs and I held on tighter. "Are you scared I'll drop you?"

"Yes, or fall."

He acted like he almost dropped me, and I yelped.

"You weigh nothing. You'll be fine." We finally made it to the kitchen and he set me down, then went to the freezer and made an ice pack.

He handed it to me, then leaned against the counter.

There was an awkward silence, then he busted out laughing again.

"What?"

"Them, that was one hell of a performance."

I laughed a little too, and another wave of awkward silence.

"Can I ask a favor?"

"Sure"

I leaned in and whispered. "There's a carton of cookies and cream ice cream hidden at the bottom of the freezer under the vegetables. Can you grab that and two spoons?"

"You hide your ice cream?"

"Yeah, under the frozen vegetables where Victoria won't find it."

He walked to the freezer and pulled it out. "Does she steal your ice cream or something?"

"No, but this is our secret. Models rarely eat much, but I'm not like them. I'm a pig, and they will tell my manager if I'm caught. I've never been on a diet because it never catches up with me. I probably put away more food then you do in a day. Well, probably you and Dario combined. I love food."

I dipped my spoon in and devoured the cold creamy heaven.

He smirked. "I'm sure I can out eat you easily."

My jaw dropped, then I know I blushed.

"You know what I mean." He rolled his eyes. "You get awfully bashful. I thought models were pretty open about sex."

"Most are, especially the ones into the drug scene. I like to party, don't get me wrong, but not like Victoria. She loves sex, and it's never done much for me, so I don't have it often."

He tilted his head like he's confused.

"What does that mean?"

"I think it's overrated, and I have morals."

He leans forward. "You've never...?"

He stares at me, and I look away. How the hell did I get myself here?

"You've not had the right man." He said.

I muttered. "Or vibrator."

I slapped my hand over my mouth in shock over what I just said.

He chuckled. "Dario up there may have some techniques."

I flung ice cream at him, and it landed right on his face.

I paused waiting for him to yell, but he just laughed and went to the sink to wash it off.

"I owe you an apology," I said.

"No, I deserved that one." He responded.

"Not about that, but how I treated you when I told you about Greer. I'm sure you were shocked and confused. I just threw it at you and didn't give you time to process it. I freaked out when I was told I was her next of kin and she's my responsibility. I should have considered that, and I'm sorry."

He shrugged. "You just buried your grandmother and sister, plus took on Greer. I'm thankful for your sacrifices, and if you'd never tried to find me, I may have never known I'm a dad."

He paused and looked serious.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

He looked at me.

"Damn, I'm a dad. That's the scariest thing I've ever said."

What story did you write? I would love to check it out.