6| German Shepherd Softie

Reader's Perspective

"Blue? Buddy, I'm home!" (Y/N) yelled, closing the door behind her as her German Shepherd bolted for her, tackling her to the ground & smothering her with kisses.

"Okay! Okay! I was gone for like 2 hours buddy, I'm not dying!" She chuckled, pressing her forehead against his. Pulling herself up from the floor, (Y/N) examined her house. The pictures of her parents were still hanging on the hallway walls, she'd left the TV on before she'd left for work, she still had laundry to do & she also had to deal with the work she had awaiting her on her laptop.

"Well, my evening's certainly planned out nicely." She sighed, looking down at her hound. "We've got a hell lotta work to do."

The real question was, where to start?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The TV was still on in the background as (Y/N) tapped away on her laptop. She'd gotten around to washing, drying & folding her clothes, hanging her coat on it's hanger, recharging her phone, making her bed & cooking herself dinner. By cooking, she microwaved the leftover Chinese takeout she'd gotten the night before.

But wasn't she forgetting something?

Seated on her sofa, a plate resting on her knee, her laptop on the coffee table in front of her & some unknown show on the TV in the background , she felt accomplished for all the work she'd managed to get done in the past hour.

Until Blue let out a huff.

(Y/N) looked over at her dog to see him laying on the ground, his head resting on his two front paws in a neglected fashion.

"Awww, is someone feeling left out?" She cooed teasingly at him, causing him to huff again, practically rolling his eyes.

"Are you a big softie?" He looked over at her, unimpressed.

"Wow, even my dog's given up hope on me." She sighed, setting her dinner to the side, turning off the TV & closing her laptop. She patted the empty spot next to her on the sofa.

"Are you just gonna sulk or are you actually going to come over here & stop ignoring me? You're reminding me of an angsty teenager." He perked his head up.

"You heard me." He jumped up & trotted over to her, taking his place next to her. He leaned his head on (Y/N)'s knee. She gave him a loving scratch behind the ears, causing him to roll on his side so he was laying down next to her.

"You're just a big softie, aren't you?" She asked her dog, who responded by letting out a tired yawn. "My big, fluffy, German Shepherd softie."

Even when work needed to be done,
(Y/N) would always make time for her best friend.

(Just a small fluff chapter I wanted to add in since I felt as though Blue's been a little underappreciated, hope you enjoyed!)