9| A New Ally

Reader's perspective

"Hey kid, it's Hank. Turns out the deviants are worse than we thought, I need your help. You know the graffitied area downtown? The one with the robots? I've got a deviant with me & didn't bring jack shit when it comes to back up, come down & help me, will ya?"

She'd replayed the voice mail sent from the unknown number again & again as she made her way down the street through the rain.

Something was up, there had to have been something big going on because:

A- Hank barely swore in the voice message.

B- Connor wasn't following him around like a lost child at the time.

C- He didn't sound like himself, almost......mechanical even.

D- The old man caught a deviant on his own for Christ's sake.

(Y/N) finally reached the area, sliding under the cut in the fence. As soon as she was in there, something felt off.

Gun's on your belt if you need it (Y/N), remember that.

A familiar voice made her snap her head up.

"(Y/N)! Over here." Hank's voice called from around the building.

"Hank! Is everything..." She turned the corner & was met with a dead end.

Fuck,

It's a trap.

The gun was thrown from her belt as a blunt pain filled her leg. She kicked the person who was attacking her from behind in the knee cap as she fell to the ground, rolling out of the way of their hit.

She was elbowed in the back of the neck whilst attempting to get up, making her fall to the ground again, still not seeing what her attacker looks like. Her head was forced up behind her using the neck of her shirt as she kicked & struggled. She fought against their grip until an attack send her head against the wall. She blacked out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When (Y/N) woke up her hands were tied behind her back & she was on her knees in an unknown area. A blinding light was brought up to her face & she squinted, her head pounding.
"Well, that hurt like a bitch."
"She's awake." A male voice.

"Why are we letting a human into our place of salvation? We should kill her now & not waste time." A woman.

"No! She's different, I promise! She helped me!" Andrew?

"A-Andrew?" Her eyes adjusted to her surroundings as a female & male android stood beside Andrew, the android she'd met only a few moments ago.

"(Y/N), you're awake! Good. He wants to speak to you."

"He?"

"Back at the house, you said tell our leader you said hello? I did more than that, I told him everything you helped me with. Now he wants to speak with you."

"What is going on here?" Another figure emerged, his eyes were both different colours. One green & one blue. He placed his hand on the other woman's shoulder & that's when (Y/N) realised.

Some of them have LEDs

They're androids

No, not androids

Deviants

"I told you to bring her here, not to tie her up like some sort of prisoner."

"Markus, we don't know what she's capable of! She could be dangerous!"