8| Upon The Rooftops

Reader's Perspective

"You know what it's doing?"
"I dunno. Did he zone out? Do androids meditate or something?"
"Beats me, hey Connor!"'

Connor opened his eyes, looking at (Y/N) & Hank.

"You ran outta batteries or what?"
"I'm sorry, I was making a report to Cyberlife."
"Uh...Well, do you plan on staying in the elevator?"
"No. I'm coming."

They entered the hallway.

"So, what do we know about this guy in the report?" (Y/N) asked the RK800.

"Not much. Just that a neighbour had reported that he heard strange noises coming from this floor. Nobody's supposed to be living here, but the neighbour said he saw a man hiding a LED under his cap."

"Oh, Christ if we have to investigate every time someone hears a strange noise we're gonna need more cops."

The group then approached the door, Connor firmly knocked on it.

"Anybody home?"

There was no response, looking over at his two partners he yelled out.
"Open up! Detroit Police!"

That's when they heard it,
Something hit the ground.
Hard.

"Stay behind me." Hank ushered the android & woman behind him.
"Got it." They said in unison.

Readying his gun in hand, Lieutenant Anderson kicked the door open. (Y/N) immediately reached for her own firearm, standing in between Connor & Hank. This door led to another hallway, a beam of light at the end of it.

Hank barged the door at the end of the hall open, only to release a flock of

"Pigeons?!"

"What the fuck is this?!" Anderson huffed.
"Jesus this place stinks. Uh, looks like we came for nothin'. Our man's gone."

Whilst Hank & Connor stood in the bathroom, (Y/N) was looking at her surroundings, including the birdseed that caught her eye.

"rA9," She heard Connor say. "Written 2471 times...Why is it obsessed with this sign?"

"Looks like mazes or something..."

"Yeah, well whoever lived here was taking care of the birds." She commented, leaning against the doorframe. Deviants were starting to make their way into (Y/N)'s mind space. She thought back to Andrew, whom she'd saved, and wondered what ever became of him.

"I need some fresh air." Hank was clearly done with the case.

(Y/N) walked over to the sink as Connor examined the tipped stool.

"There's an LED on the edge of the sink, 'must've been a deviant." Hearing this, Connor came to her side. She sat it in his palm, her fingers brushing his.

"Not surprised it was an android. No human could live with all these fucking pigeons."

They were all now in the main room, avoiding the pigeons as they flew up in flocks when disrupted.

"The driver's license is fake."
"Cool! At least we didn't come for nothin'!" (Y/N) Couldn't tell if Hank was being sarcastic or not.

She ran her hand across the wall, admiring the intricate maze-like patterns that covered it.

"R.T, probably initials." Connor read from the jacket.

"He put his initials on his jacket? That's something your mom does when you're in first grade!"

That's when (Y/N) realised Connor looking towards the roof. She saw his eyes & knew it.

He's still here.