27| We Are Free

'We're interrupting this news bulletin to bring you the latest news live from Detroit. Joss?'

'Yes Michael. The army has just launched an attack on the barricade, despite the fact that the deviants were protesting peacefully.'

'-Have apparently decided to put an end to the deviants' demonstration by force this time...'

Reader's Perspective

"No..." (Y/N) watched the news report from her phone, looking over at Connor, who was also watching from over her shoulder.

"D-Do you think?"

"Markus will have a plan, (Y/N)."
"I know, but..."

"Listen, it'll be alright." He placed his hand on her shoulder.

"Let's do this..."

In one swift moving crowd, Connor, (Y/N) & the thousands of androids from Cyberlife Tower stormed into the streets of Detroit, ready to make a statement as they walked into the battlefield.

'At dawn today, November 11th 2038, thousands of androids invaded the city of Detroit.'

She walked alongside the android she loved, all of them facing straight ahead as they marched. She saw the helicopter overhead & didn't even flinch at the idea of being shown as a human amongst deviants.

'According to our sources, they originated from Cyberlife warehouses believed to have been infiltrated by deviants.'

"This has to work.." She mumbled.

"It will work." Connor stated, certain.

'Given their overwhelming numbers & the risk of civilian casualties, I have ordered the army to retreat.

The evacuation of the city is underway at this very moment.'

Blinded by the lights of helicopters filming their every step, she couldn't feel prouder of what she was a part of.

'In the coming hours, I will address the Senate to determine our response to this unprecedented situation. I know that public opinion has been moved by the deviants' cause.'

Like hell it has.

'Perhaps the time has come for us to consider the possibility that androids are a new form of intelligent life.'

She looked at Connor one last time, him doing the same as they locked hands, still leading their large troop of androids. Androids that they freed from slavery.

'One thing is certain:

the events in Detroit have changed the world forever.

May God bless you

& may God bless the United States of America.'

Connor & (Y/N) stepped away from their crowds to meet with Markus & his people, their hands untwining as they stepped into one of the blinding lights.

"You did it, Markus..." Connor stated, full of pride.

"We did it. This is a great day for our people. Humans will have no choice now. They'll have to listen to us.."

"This is a day that will go down in history. You really did it, Markus." (Y/N) said with as much pride as Connor. They both took a few steps back, allowing Markus to look out at his new alleys. His new people.

"We're free..." North muttered, a smile across her face with what her kind had achieved. They both turned to each other, locking hands. "They want you to speak to them Markus..." She said as Markus leaned in.