Chapter 3: Donovan

Noah stared at himself in the mirror that Emily held up for him as he ran a hand through his hair

Noah stared at himself in the mirror that Emily held up for him as he ran a hand through his hair. He groaned, "Oh, I should've got a haircut."

Stiles stepped next to his girlfriend who set down the mirror. "Well, you know someone your age should be happy you still have hair to cut."

"I think you look great." Scott chimed, behind the couple.

Emily nodded, "I can't believe I'm actually agreeing with wolf boy, but he's right. You look handsome."

Noah smiled gratefully at the two supernaturals. "Well, thank you, son and daughter I should have had." He joked, knowing it would offend his son who indeed did look offended. The sheriff suddenly felt that maybe this whole idea was bad and that he shouldn't go out. "Oh, what the hell am I doing? This is a terrible idea."

Stiles, who knew how much his dad loved his mom despite all the years she had been gone, knew that it was finally time for his dad to move on. He knew that his dad would always love his mom but, he could see that his dad wanted some form of companionship and if it meant watching his dad date other women then he was okay with that. He knew that his mom would be happy for his dad.

He fixed his dad's tie. "What, Dad... Dad, it's one date, okay? The town of Beacon Hills won't implode while you're out with one woman." He paused, eyeing his dad as he stepped back. "Or man."

"It's a woman, Stiles." Noah couldn't help smile at the thought of the woman he was going on a date with. "Okay. A very beautiful woman."

His son narrowed his eyes at him in curious way. "What beautiful woman, by the way?"

"None of your business." Noah glanced at the other two in the room who also looked curious about who it was. He gave them a look. "Either one of you."

Stiles pouted. "I want to know." He muttered under his breath and turned to his girlfriend. "Do it."

She blinked, slowly understanding what he meant and poked Noah on the cheek. The man was startled by the action. "Oh, you did not." He exhaled, recalling the gift she had that his son had told him about.