Chapter 8: His Granddaughter

Chapter 8:

His  Granddaughter

◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫

He couldn't stop staring. He was even scared to blink. It felt surreal to him the longer he stared at the baby in his arms. He barely even recalls how he wound up here in the first place.

He was in his office ready to head home to his empty house, but before he could get to his door, he was ambushed by Cece who told him that he needed to come with her. She told him that she had already compelled everyone at the station to not question his sudden decision to take a vacation and that he didn't need to worry about anything else as she had packed his bag and had already paid for his ticket.

He had been too stunned by her sudden appearance to even get a word out and had wordlessly allowed her to take him. She promised him that Stiles and Emily were waiting for him with a huge surprise. Stiles hadn't told him anything in all the phone calls they shared that this was happening.

Nothing that had come to his mind at the time was even close to the baby in his arms. He had no idea that Emily had even been pregnant. Now he understood why it felt like his son was hiding something the last few months.

The moment he had arrived here with Emily's aunt, he had been more excited to see his son and Emily that he hadn't even registered Eli standing next to Allison. Except once he did notice her, he felt like his heart was going to leap out of his chest from the shock of seeing her.

She had been dead.

And before he could start yelling, Emily presented him with his granddaughter. It was another shock to him. When he could finally look up from the green eyes that belonged to his granddaughter, his gaze went to his son and Emily, "What's her name?" He asked gently as to not startle the baby.

"Edith Claudia Stilinski-Reed." Emily told him, her eyes on her daughter.

Noah's eyes watered at the fact that they included his dead wife's name. "She's beautiful." He murmured, Edith blinked up at him with her doe eyes.