Chapter 18: Distance

Chapter 18:

Distance

◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫

Liam glanced at the older members of the pack as he spoke in hushed tone as they sat gathered in the library

Liam glanced at the older members of the pack as he spoke in hushed tone as they sat gathered in the library. "Mason said it's not just to transmit frequency. It's high powered. Like it has to be a really strong signal."

Lydia stared at him, "And that's causing it to shift?"

Stiles frowned, his brown eyes flickered to Emily who sat quietly next to Lydia. It had been a few days since she got back and they had all turned their attention back to the beast that was currently running around killing people.

"No. I don't think it's just that." Scott voiced, his gaze lingering on Lydia which didn't go unnoticed by the others. "Last night Argent said that it's getting smarter. What if the Dread Doctors are trying to make the Beast grow faster."

"With frequencies?" Stiles questioned.

The alpha shook his head, "No, by shifting. The frequency is just the trigger. The important part is when it shifts into the werewolf."

"Like Peter." Lydia murmured.

Scott glanced at her, "Right. Yeah, when Peter was an Alpha, he got stronger every full moon. Eventually, the burns healed and he was back to normal."

"So the Dread Doctors don't want to wait for the full moon." Liam muttered.

"They want the Beast to be as strong as possible, as fast as possible."

"Because of Parrish."

" So if this is happening tonight, what are we going to do?"

Stiles pulled out a picture. "Uh, we've got one clue to go on. This came from the hospital. Whoever's lurking inside the Beast is wearing a size 10 of indeterminate make."

Lydia frowned at him. "Indeterminate?"

"Means, it's a partial print." He explained. "Basically, it was all we were able to get considering all the fire, blood and carnage."