Chapter 9: Taken

Chapter 9:

Taken

◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫●◯⚬⚫

"You didn't go to school today?"

Emily glanced over at Eli who walked into the kitchen while she was pouring the blood into the glass from the blood bag. "I woke up late and decided not to go." No memory had yet surface or triggered.

"Mmhmm, so is there trouble in paradise?" He questioned, grabbing a blood for himself and took notice of the way she tensed in her seat. He raised a brow. "I'm just asking since I haven't seen your precious human in the last few days."

"Well, let's see... he's hiding something from me and well you know very well about the secrets I've been keeping from him." She told him, sipping from her glass. "And I think he knows that I'm hiding something from him but if he brings it up, he'll probably expect me to bring up his little secret."

Eli hummed, "Why don't you just look through his memories with your fathers gift?"

Her hazel eyes flickered to his brown one's. "That would be an invasion of privacy and I promised him that I wouldn't do that anymore." She muttered, setting down the now empty glass. "Anyways, I would appreciate it if you didn't go around gossiping about what's been happening here."

His body went rigid as he glanced at her, suddenly feeling awkward. "Oh, you found about that?"

She rolled her eyes. "I got a call, concerned about what's been happening the last few months. I really don't need that considering no one is supposed to know." She stood up and walked over to the dishwasher where she placed the glass inside. Her phone buzzed and she exhaled, checking it. "Well, I gotta go to the hospital with Lydia since she wants to check out a possible lead on the Dread Doctors."

"It's creepy that there are three creepy doctors going around turning teenagers into what did you call them... chimaeras?" He said.. "And they were all failures."

"Yeah, which is why I'm going with Lydia to the hospital. I'm not really comfortable with the idea that these doctors might have done something to me and I don't even remember it." She grabbed the copy of the book she made and handed it to him. "Make sure you read it, too. They might have done something to you."